• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't skip cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok you might think i'm just a noob (you are right on that tho...) but i worked on this alot, look at the first one, that is the cinematic trigger, you can see it turning on, cameras work fine, alot of speach, units facing each other, than turning off, reseting camera, everything works, the problem is i want it to turn off when i press esc.
Now comes the secund part, you can see that the whole trigger turns off, camera reset, etc etc, but still when i press esc they keep talking, i can move them, and i can see their stats, but at the box i can see their face speaking, and that gets in the way when im in my secund cinematic.
So how to turn it off?
This is what i tried: (mostly my friends ideas... im still a noob)
-Cinematic - Letterbox mode Off
-Skip remaining actions
-I tried to send a transmittion from no unit, whit no name, and no message, but that wouldnt stop their faces from talking either...

Anyone got any ideas? :p thanks for help

-Sil

Level 7
Could i see just the trigger and nothing else? no text and things to throw me off? It would make it a lot easier.

Level 7
I think hes just listing the things hes tried not the actual trigger-

I had this problem once in a campaign(-never finished that one)

Can't think of anything, but you could try to overtalk those characters with another trigger, like send transmission from same unit with no text on a different trigger (unless this is what you mean by send no transmition from unit)

HEY IDEA! you could load the wc3 campaign from the campaign editor and check how their campaigns do it!

If you want to end the cinematic and go to the main menu then use this trigger:
  • Events - Player X skips a cinematic.
  • Conditions -
  • Actions - Victory Player X.
But if u just want to end the cinematic but stay in the game then use this one:
  • Conditions -
  • Actions - Turn Cinematic Mode off.
  • Actions - Turn letterbox mode off.
  • Actions - Reset Camera.
  • Actions(- And anything else u want to do)

If you want to end the cinematic and go to the main menu then use this trigger:
  • Conditions -
  • Actions - Victory Player X.
But if u just want to end the cinematic but stay in the game then use this one:
  • Conditions -
  • Actions - Turn Cinematic Mode off.
  • Actions - Turn letterbox mode off.
  • Actions - Reset Camera.
  • Actions(- And anything else u want to do)

is it necessary to enable/use both cinematic and letterbox modes? I just use letterbox modes because cinematic reveals the whole map..

Level 18
i think he means how to SKIP.

I suggets you take a look at the Frozen Throne Campaign for the orcs. Its a campagin extra.

You can open it using the capaign editor and they have cinematics in there that you can skip. its a bit more elabortate then just a few triggers. The capaign is a prelogue...the story of when the orcs were going to kalimdor. So investigate those triggers .

Status
Not open for further replies.