• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic and camera questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to run a dialog while in cinematic mode (or letterbox mode). I turn on the cinematic mode, then show my dialog buttons for the player. The cursor does not appear while in cinematic mode. One can click one of the buttons, but you have to blindly search for it with your mouse.

Is there a way to force the cursor to show while in cinematic mode?

I would like to have the letterbox screen (no interface) for the player to see while making their 'choice' selection.

Fade out/fade in: sort of like this

My triggers have only one fade out/fade in sequence.
  • Camera - Apply Camera 004 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
  • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
  • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Wait 2.00 seconds
  • (blah blah blah()
However the camera fades out, then in and out then in again. My game has three 'mini-games' in it and three cinematic sequences and for each one it does this.

I have checked all of the triggers, none have 'fade out then back in again'. I am stumped as to why it is doing this.

Any fix for this?

Thanks for your time .

Level 16
So if i understand it right, you want to show a CLICKABLE dialog while the cinematic mode?

Hmm you can simply
  • Actions:
    • Dialog - Show up your dialog
Than you need one more trigger:
  • Events:
    • Dialog - A Dialog Button is klicked (in your dialog)
  • Actions:
    • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
The thing is ... the dialog shown up for one Player, for a triggering Player or for all players??

Level 8
So if i understand it right, you want to show a CLICKABLE dialog while the cinematic mode?

Hmm you can simply
  • Actions:
    • Dialog - Show up your dialog
Than you need one more trigger:
  • Events:
    • Dialog - A Dialog Button is klicked (in your dialog)
  • Actions:
    • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
The thing is ... the dialog shown up for one Player, for a triggering Player or for all players??

For one player (its a one player map).

I have these 'mini-games' race, boxing, and other 'games of chance' they are like 20-40 seconds long the player can win gold, other units, blah - the player doesn't control any units and I want the whole map to be shown(lit up) (as in the cinematic mode) and after the mini-game ends the black mask/fog returns to showing where ever the player has explored.

While I could have no unit selected and use a (or several) visibility modifier(s), I like the nice neat look of having the letterbox mode without all the clutter of portrait, spell/ability bar, etc of the interface.

The attached image gives you an idea of how clean it looks ;).

However the cursor does not show up and you have to blindly move the mouse around to select the second (blue in this case) option.

Attachments

• Caca.JPG
    Caca.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 171
Level 8
:cry:

So sad. Its a real pain, I've been testing this map over and over and over again, and my mini-games come up - each time the 'hunt blindly' process takes longer than the game.

I guess I will have to try something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.