• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Starting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello.. I have a problem about starting a Cinematic.. I read all instructions Archian made on his BASIC CINEMATIC THREAD TUTORIAL!... I look at all the pictures and everything... And this is the Triggers

• Triggers
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All Players)
      • Cinematic - Turn on Letter Box (Hide Interface) for (All Players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Disable User Control (For all Players)
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of Text Msgs for (all Players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Camera - Apply Starting Cam <gen> for player 1 (red) over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) from marine 0003 <gen> named Dr.Volts:Play no sound and display Whoa... That time t.. modify duration:add 0.00 seconds and wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) from no unit named Tester:Play no sound and display Test ended work... modify duration:add 0.00 seconds and wait
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (all players)
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - turn cinematic mode off for (all players)

I have posted the trigger to make it easier to solve the problem..

Last edited:
Level 5
I copied Archian's Tutorial thingy..

My problem is.. When the loading is finished.. The Cinematic won't start.. I can still control my units bla bla bla..

--edit--

I put seconds in it and it won't still start

Level 14
  • Something
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn on Letter Box (Hide Interface) for (All Players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Disable User Control (For all Players)
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of Text Msgs for (all Players)
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Cinematic -Send transmission to (All Players) from marine 0003 <gen> named Dr.Volts:Play no sound and display Whoa... That time t.. modify duration:add 0.00 seconds and wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All Players) from no unit named Tester:Play no sound and display Test ended work... modify duration:add 0.00 seconds and wait
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (all players)
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (red) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - turn cinematic mode off for (all players)
You need to put a space between the "-". For example you wrote "Cinematic- Enable user..." and you should have written "Cinematic - Enable user..."

Also you need to write the Events, Conditions and Actions at the top, even though you might not have conditions or events.

Level 14
Hmm, only now do I see that me and Septimus were wrong. It doesn't all start at once. It activates the cinematic mode, displays the subtitles for 10 seconds and deactivates it.

Try just putting the part where it says:

• Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic -Send transmission to (All Players) from marine 0003 <gen> named Dr.Volts:Play no sound and display Whoa... That time t.. modify duration:add 0.00 seconds and wait

Level 5
.... I know the problem.. All this hardwork you did solving my problem!... [ + ].. I know.. The problem was noobish.. I ACCIDENTALLY REMOVED THE MAP INTILLIZIATION THINGY thats why it won't work.. I know i'm noobish.. + rep for you two~

AND... I put the Event and it worked.. Sorry for all the problem sorry sorry sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.