• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, this is going horrible for me, so:

• Leaving Winterfall Forge
    • Events
      • Unit - Son of Khazan 0012 <gen> Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Interact
      • (Targeted unit) Equal to Winterfall Forge Smith 0010 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove All buffs from Winterfall Forge Smith 0010 <gen>
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for Player Group - Player 1 (Red)
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 3.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Camera - Pan camera for Player 1 (Red) to (Position of Son of Khazan 0012 <gen>) with height 750.00 above the terrain over 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Son of Khazan 0012 <gen> named Isaac Stormbeard: Play No sound and display Father, I need to t.... Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Winterfall Forge Smith 0010 <gen> named Khazan Stormbeard: Play No sound and display *A heavy sigh.* I k.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Son of Khazan 0012 <gen> named Isaac Stormbeard: Play No sound and display Yes. I'm sure. I kn.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) from Winterfall Forge Smith 0010 <gen> named Khazan Stormbeard: Play No sound and display Alright. I'll let y.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Fade out and back in over 10.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
I have no idea why this isn't working.
It doesn't even start.
The ability Interact is based off of Ensnare, which I'm starting to wonder if that is why.

When you have the events
• Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
• Unit - A unit finishes casting an ability
• Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
• Unit - A unit begins channeling an ability,

to refer to the target unit, use "Target unit of ability being cast", not "Targeted unit", because that false condition prevents your trigger from running properly.
So, change the "Targeted unit" to "Target unit of ability being cast".

Status
Not open for further replies.