• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A big cinematic headache...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck in my campaign... I don't know why, but the 1st cinematic of the 5th missin doesn't work... I've erased it and made it again and again... But still no results. This is what I have:

CineInit
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 1.00 seconds
Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display This land is beauti.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display I know Kael... But .... Modify duration: Set to 10.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display It's hard, don't yo.... Modify duration: Set to 12.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display Kael... I'm sorry, .... Modify duration: Set to 10.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display I'm also sorry Sylv.... Modify duration: Set to 13.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display I know Kael... But .... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display Yes. By the way, do.... Modify duration: Set to 7.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display Well, that's a good.... Modify duration: Set to 7.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display You're right. Let's.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds

well, i've reviewed this trigger several times, and it looks fine to me. What happens when i start the game is this: the heroes appear nd the camera starts taking position... and after that camera resets, units have no portrait and no sound. Please, can anyone see if there's a problem with this cinmatic trigger?

CineInit
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
fade out over 1.00 seconds
Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display This land is beauti.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 6.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display I know Kael... But .... Modify duration: Set to 10.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 10.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display It's hard, don't yo.... Modify duration: Set to 12.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 12.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display Kael... I'm sorry, .... Modify duration: Set to 10.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 10.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display I'm also sorry Sylv.... Modify duration: Set to 13.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 13.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display I know Kael... But .... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 4.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display Yes. By the way, do.... Modify duration: Set to 7.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 7.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Sylvanas named Sylvanas Windrunner: Play No sound and display Well, that's a good.... Modify duration: Set to 7.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 7.00 seconds
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Kael named Prince Kael'Thas: Play No sound and display You're right. Let's.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
wait 4.00 seconds
Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
Camera - Reset camera for Player 1 (Red) to standard game-view over 3.00 seconds

this is the way it should look like.
dude, learn to use WAIT.

Level 2
Just use,

set to x seconds and WAIT

And you'll be fine..

You don't even need to use the separate wait command anymore, only if you use other actions other than the cinematics and cameras.

Just use,

set to x seconds and WAIT

And you'll be fine..

You don't even need to use the separate wait command anymore, only if you use other actions other than the cinematics and cameras.

You phail. You want it to be DON'T WAIT. The only thing that actually waits is other transmissions. Nothing else waits. Cameras don't wait, sfx don't wait, etc. You need to do Set to x seconds and Don't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.