1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Help with skipable cinematic

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Banti, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Banti

Banti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am trying to do skipable cinematic but I can't make it work. When I press escape is not doing anything.
    • Intro Skipped
      • Events
        • Player - Player 7 (Green) skips a cinematic sequence
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set IntroSkipped = True
        • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
        • Camera - Reset camera for Player 7 (Green) to standard game-view over 0.05 seconds

• Footman Dialog
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Footman Dialog <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Action
      • Actions
        • Set Hero_Triggering = (Casting unit)
        • Set Temp_Region = Footman Dialog <gen>
        • If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
        • Camera - Apply Bandi lord quest Copy Copy 2 <gen> for Player 7 (Green) over 0.00 seconds
        • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Welcome stranger. W.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero_Triggering named The Hero: Play No sound and display I am looking for De.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Only a fools are lo.... Modify duration: Set to 12.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero_Triggering named The Hero: Play No sound and display Yes I want to. Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Allright. I will tr.... Modify duration: Set to 22.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero_Triggering named The Hero: Play No sound and display I will do my best. Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Right, Edgar is rec.... Modify duration: Set to 12.00 seconds and Wait
        • Camera - Reset camera for Player 7 (Green) to standard game-view over 0.05 seconds
        • Trigger - Turn off Intro Skipped <gen>
        • Special Effect - Destroy Footman_Dialog
        • Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme
        • Sound - Play Sound\Music\mp3Music\War2IntroMusic.mp3
        • Quest - Change the description of DemonLord_Information to |n|n|n|n|n|n - Ask ...
        • Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
        • Set Temp_Group = (Player group(Player 7 (Green)))
        • Game - Display to Temp_Group the text: |CFFFFFF01Destiny Q...
        • Set Temp_Hint = (Last created floating text)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Edgar 0394 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
        • Set Footman_Dialog = (Last created special effect)
        • Unit - Kill Peasant 0418 <gen>
        • Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_Temp_Region)
        • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_Temp_Group)
        • Floating Text - Destroy Temp_Hint
        • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Region = null
        • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Group = null
        • Custom script: set udg_Hero_Triggering = null
        • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Hint = null
        • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

2. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, because you need that skip remeaning actions at all transmission lines, it is basically something like this.

• Footman Dialog
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Footman Dialog <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Action
      • Actions
        • Set Hero_Triggering = (Casting unit)
        • Set Temp_Region = Footman Dialog <gen>
        • If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
        • Camera - Apply Bandi lord quest Copy Copy 2 <gen> for Player 7 (Green) over 0.00 seconds
        • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Welcome stranger. W.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero_Triggering named The Hero: Play No sound and display I am looking for De.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Only a fools are lo.... Modify duration: Set to 12.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero_Triggering named The Hero: Play No sound and display Yes I want to. Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Allright. I will tr.... Modify duration: Set to 22.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Hero_Triggering named The Hero: Play No sound and display I will do my best. Modify duration: Set to 5.00 seconds and Wait
        • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0085 <gen> named Footman: Play No sound and display Right, Edgar is rec.... Modify duration: Set to 12.00 seconds and Wait
        • Trigger - Turn off Intro Skipped <gen>
        • Special Effect - Destroy Footman_Dialog
        • Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme
        • Sound - Play Sound\Music\mp3Music\War2IntroMusic.mp3
        • Quest - Change the description of DemonLord_Information to |n|n|n|n|n|n - Ask ...
        • Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
        • Set Temp_Group = (Player group(Player 7 (Green)))
        • Game - Display to Temp_Group the text: |CFFFFFF01Destiny Q...
        • Set Temp_Hint = (Last created floating text)
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Edgar 0394 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
        • Set Footman_Dialog = (Last created special effect)
        • Unit - Kill Peasant 0418 <gen>
        • Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_Temp_Region)
        • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_Temp_Group)
        • Floating Text - Destroy Temp_Hint
        • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Region = null
        • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Group = null
        • Custom script: set udg_Hero_Triggering = null
        • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Hint = null
        • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())

3. Banti

Banti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Still is not working, I can't skip all dialogs in one go. I can hide the text but dialogs are still going.

4. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Dont skip actions if boolean is true, but always before you send next transmission check if boolean == false.
    So if true, it will automatically skip all further transmissions, but still do the further actions like disabling the cinematic mode.

5. Ceday

Ceday

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah sorry iceman's method is the right one.

6. Banti

Banti

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I make it work. Thank you for all the help

7. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A side note, you can have a cleanup trigger that is ran either upon pressing Esc or when the cinematic ends. Then remove all leaks in there.

Currently, if you skip, all the variables will leak.