• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can desync be caused by wait function in this trigger? also how to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok so i got to you two questions. 1.can desync be caused by this trigger and wait function? because it desynced 3 players from map just after there was a line said from celbron and while waiting 4 seconds. 2.can you show me way how to fix it? how excatly it should look in editor pls just dont say use timer instead wait because i wont know what to do, could you show me how it needs to look in gui

• Galadriel
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set TempRect = Value
      • Custom script: call RemoveRect(udg_TempRect)
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Celeborn 0072 <gen> named Celeborn: Play No sound and display 8 are there yet the.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Celeborn 0072 <gen> named Celeborn: Play No sound and display Tell me where is Ga.... Modify duration: Set to 3.50 seconds and Don't wait
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Galadriel 0071 <gen> named Galadriel: Play No sound and display He has fallen into .... Modify duration: Set to 2.00 seconds and Don't wait
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )

so basicaly desync hapenned after this action hapenned
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Celeborn 0072 <gen> named Celeborn: Play No sound and display 8 are there yet the.... Modify duration: Set to 4.00 seconds and Don't wait
Wait 4.00 seconds

players dced before this hapenned
Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Celeborn 0072 <gen> named Celeborn: Play No sound and display Tell me where is Ga.... Modify duration: Set to 3.50 seconds and Don't wait

Level 15
I don't think DestroyTriggeringTrigger looks right because that refers to a global variable which can change (if i remeber right) You should simply refer to the actual trigger "Galadriel".

so do something like:

• Custom script: local trigger tempTrigger = GetTriggeringTrigger() // Do this first
  • ... // rest of your trigger here
  • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(tempTrigger) // finally
  • Custom script: set tempTrigger = null
You could also increase the timer from 2.0 to 2.1 so that you make sure the previous one has ended, but I don't think this is the issue.

Or you could just not destroy it and just leave it.

Last edited:
Level 11
I don't think DestroyTriggeringTrigger looks right because that refers to a global variable which can change (if i remeber right) You should simply refer to the actual trigger "Galadriel".

so do something like:

• Custom script: local trigger tempTrigger = GetTriggeringTrigger() // Do this first
  • ... // rest of your trigger here
  • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger(tempTrigger) // finally
  • Custom script: set tempTrigger = null
You could also increase the timer from 2.0 to 2.1 so that you make sure the previous one has ended, but I don't think this is the issue.

Or you could just not destroy it and just leave it.
Should i also get rid off wait function and put timers? Can you also show me gow they should be done so i can copy

Status
Not open for further replies.