• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pathing Blockers vs Turning Pathing Off via Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making my own cliffs (with height change), and I need to know which version is the most efficient one for making them unpathable - do I just pepper them with pathing blockers, or do I draw out regions and make those unpathable on map initialisation? This map is going to have a lot of doodads - I don't know if the impact on performance will be is significant or not, but I'd rather ask now than have a bad surprise later down the line.

Level 14
Personally I use pathing blockers. Instead of making them destructibles though I made a bunch of custom ones with larger sizes and made them doodads. This really cuts back on lag if there are a lot of them on your map. I also couple that by making a terrain tile unwalkable using JNGP and using that on the "cliffs"

Level 12
I used pathing blockers with I think the town hall pathing (very large unpathable box). Making them destructibles is a good idea! +rep to Veritas 117

I also am using normal cliffs hidden under rocks to block vision. It could also be used to keep high ground interactions.

Level 14
If you're doing that, then why do you need the pathing blockers at all?

There are always places that you want to be unwalkable that you don't want to have that certain tile. I also like to cover my cliffs in rock doodads and sometimes they stick out farther than the unwalkable tile so I need to make sure you can't walk through them.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Depends I guess, I haven't tested it yet ( but will do some day). If you spam them, then surely.
But an empty unit, like Vexorian's dummy, should not. Might fit maps with not a lot action, like a RPG ( not a lot action = not much going on at once)

Status
Not open for further replies.