• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locust units with pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I searched for a way to make units with Locust still have pathing texture and found this:

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742
A unit that is given locust becomes unselectable, untargetable and ignores any pathing limitations. This means it can only be controlled and ordered with triggers. It won't show a life bar over its head too. Now to get rid of locust UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Aloc') won't work therefore you'll need to chaos transform the unit into a different temporary unit type and immediately transform it back. However if the unit had been transformed with a chaos ability before then adding locust will make it unselectable but still targetable and it will also obey pathing rules.

However, trying to reproduce it, it seems not to work, sadly.
Has someone successfully done this and could show me an example trigger, when to add/remove what in which order ?

Level 12
I saw some code like this in one thread I was trying to help out in.

The way he did it was:
1) Add locust ability
2) Remove locust ability
3) Add chaos ability

He said it makes the unit uncontrollable but otherwise completely normal.

EDIT:
Here is the post:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...le-not-working-275580/index2.html#post2786419

Its the locust ability. If you add and remove it, then add chaos, the unit will be unselectable, which is why the trigger for the ability that orders the skeletons to attack move exists.

Note that I have not tried this myself. It is only what I have seen. I imagine it is working for Sombassoon since his whole trigger was based on this.

Level 12
How uncontrollable, can you still move it with triggers? If so, that would be really useful for triggered companions, summons ect.

A I understand (may not be correct), you can't select them, so you can't give them any orders. You can give them orders via trigger, though, and they will follow them and attack / aggro / etc as normal.

Again, note that I have not actually done anything with this, it is just what I found in another thread kind of by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.