• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unselectable Units with pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Locust units are unselectable, but cannot have pathing. I tried using the supposed solution of adding chaos then locust, but that still did not enable the unit to have pathing. It did several other things I didn't want, but did not enable the unit to have pathing. Locust units with pathing

Deselecting a unit as it is selected or a periodic event with triggers is too slow and ugly, you can still order them before you are forced to deselect by the game.

The reason I want locust units with pathing is to have different pathing from destructibles and such. I can have units ignore these locust blockers with ghost (visible), while still having them be blocked by destructibles and other terrain.

Level 39
The method described in the thread works, but they have to be Chaos morphed into a unit type different from the one they already are.
  • Add locust via triggers or have it already on the 'base' unit in the OE
  • Remove locust via triggers
  • Add Chaos that morphs from the base unit into the unit whose pathing you want
Ghouls become abominations after 5 seconds in the test map. They have pathing, which you can check by trying to walk through any of them with your other units.

Attachments

• Test Fixed.w3x
    20 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.