1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Locust units with pathing

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Ardenian, Feb 29, 2016.

1. I searched for a way to make units with Locust still have pathing texture and found this:

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742
    However, trying to reproduce it, it seems not to work, sadly.
    Has someone successfully done this and could show me an example trigger, when to add/remove what in which order ?

2. SAUS

SAUS

Resources:
    Resources:
    I saw some code like this in one thread I was trying to help out in.

The way he did it was:
    1) Add locust ability
    2) Remove locust ability
    3) Add chaos ability

He said it makes the unit uncontrollable but otherwise completely normal.

EDIT:
    Here is the post:
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2786419/

Note that I have not tried this myself. It is only what I have seen. I imagine it is working for Sombassoon since his whole trigger was based on this.

3. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How uncontrollable, can you still move it with triggers? If so, that would be really useful for triggered companions, summons ect.

4. Thanks a lot SAUS, works perfectly fine!

5. SAUS

SAUS

Resources:
    Resources:
    A I understand (may not be correct), you can't select them, so you can't give them any orders. You can give them orders via trigger, though, and they will follow them and attack / aggro / etc as normal.

Again, note that I have not actually done anything with this, it is just what I found in another thread kind of by accident.