• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locust Swarm and Transformation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

When I create a unit with the 'locust swarm' ability, and the base model happens to be a unit with an alternate form (like druid of the talon), it will always transform while casting the spell (whether I have given it the transformation ability as well or not), which is not what I'm looking for.

Any ideas how to avoid this? And could this be done without triggers?
Or do you think this is just hard-wired into locust swarm/the transforming unit, in which case there might be a better ability to achieve the same thing (the ultimate goal being to have unselectable "companion" units that follow you around and attack ennemy units automatically)?

Level 13
make a new unit u can base it off of peon of anything then copy and paste the model of the unit u want to be shown and tht should clear up the problem

Thanks for your quick reply! I already tried that, though, when I took a unit like peon and gave it the appearance of druid of the talon plus locust swarm ability it would still "transform" while casting the ability

Status
Not open for further replies.