• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Pathing Blockers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
1- Is there a trigger which I can use to control pathing blockers?
For example, if I want to make a boss fight, and prevent characters from leaving, I'll need pathing blockers to stop them from exiting the area, but if the pathing blockers were there in the first place, the characters won't even be able to enter, that's the problem.

In other words, is there a trigger to create/remove/enable/disable pathing blockers?
I just think it would be a better idea than surrounding the area by cliffs and putting a gate on it.

Thanks in advance...

Level 8
So if the blockers are 'hidden' they have no effect?

Edit: I also just found out that they can be manipulated through the 'destructible' category in the trigger editor :)

Level 15
you can preplace pathing blockers as you want on selected area then you can choose to use GUI function "destructable die" to pick them as global var.

after that just use kill/revive destructable at any time you need with the global var created for chosen pathing blocker.

Level 12
One thing that might look nice is if you use a gate / rolling stone gate. If you place them, they are automatically closed. I think if you kill them with triggers, you can make them open. Anyway, you can definitely make it so they close and open with triggers, so you can detect when all players are in the room, close the door, and spawn the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.