• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Pathing blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
[Solved]Pathing blockers

I was wondering uhmmm you know when you place a pathing blocker it blocks the line of sight I was wondering if I can place a pathing blocker that does not block the line of sight, because I want people not to go to this specific spot but I want them to see whats across the pathing blocker, is that even possible? i tried a few things but it does not work, I want to block somethin AND show whats in front of the blocked path... Help please, I would really appreciate it!

ty <3 :D

no homo

Last edited:
Level 8
You could just reveal the area with a trigger when they get close to it? But then that would reveal it for everyone. Another idea is the dummy idea. Another idea is when they come in xxx range of the area make them a dummy on the other side to reveal it then when they move away from the area remove it for them.

Level 15
Pick the Barrel Destructible, remove the model (Import : [blank space]) and place it as a path blocker.

That's a good idea.

Anyway, the pathing blockers DO NOT block the line of sight; that's what "LoS Blockers" stand for.
I never had any trouble with pathing blockers blocking my sight.

113824d1336537816-pathing-blockers-los-pb.jpg

Attachments

• LoS and PB.jpg
    LoS and PB.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.