• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
They are ruining warcraft. Selling its soul to China. I have seen pics of new paladin, archmage, peon, blood mage... And they all suck. Everything is gayer, thiner (except the orcish peon who, for some reason i cant comprehend, is FAT as hell), more anime... It is ridiculous! It has nothing to do with warcraft style! It is a new game! They are ruining a 20 years game atmosphere...

And you dont need to ruin the style to have better graphycs, WoW has proved it. It looks like they just want to get more chinese players to earn more money, thinking that their current player base, more "western style" would stay playing it no matter what because we already love the game.

This is unfair, they should change all the models to make them fit the current style. We NEVER demanded a rework for the game.

Level 14
@Elbadruhel Well going for 'hyper realistc' look of unit and heroes was the worst idea they could have. Peon went for derpy and cute character to creepy and damaged peon with neck that looks like he was in auschwitz bt somehowg got fat. That lip and tired eyes look incredbly creepy. Sameish with the peasant.

At the same time art direction is all over the place. Some stff looks good(Banshee) some is literl copy from heroes of the storm(Jaina) many look horible or insanely out of place(female deon hunter and deathknight portraits and definetly skins) while ingame has cartoony even comicly so aesthetic(black rok banner from the menue screenshots, ground textures doodads) Its all so incosistent that i just cannot comprehend why they just didnt do it te righ way and just stick to the game and its original style as much as possible.Whats so wrong about drawn style of Wc3/WoW?

Animations look realy bad maily because of this skippy clunky changes from spell to stand etc. Wc3 has smoothly tansitioing animations and all of them flow into one another. Which is sometin animtors for reforged dont seem to get at all even in cinematics and just motion itself. Not to mention not following remaking originals like wc3hd did.

And dont they dare hide behind an excuse that its the beta because intro cinematic they release snd Culling demo as well as beta all show this. A this stompy non flowin unnatural movement which was smooth in original. Granted few mdels in wc3 have less refined animations but thats why tey should be remade in same way Wc3HD modes did. Same movement and timing, more detail and frames.
Backgrounds in Meniues are completely static from what we can see, like Starcraft 2 ones which is both boring and lazy of them. Menues are also having such sinple thin as buttons needlesly changed fro clearcut blue crystal like to somethng that looks playdoh or plasticine, why? It goes it cheap mobile game look on top of menues showng les stuff for no reason and waste of screen space i typical "Modern design" way(map list is oer 4 times biger than origial one but shows he same amount of maps and no playerslots possiblynrequirng more clicking t basic features like his - typical....)
Ofcourse lack of proper animated backgrouds is a very big downgrade to atmosphere o te mrnues and battlen.net nomore rain, clouds in the sky or rolling thunder instead you get a generic static artworks and possiby no sund other than ui and music - amazing.....same for campaign screens hich just use exacly the same bsckgroud as main menu...

Also hero sks for melee mean new dubbin being required which most definetly ruin te localizations made for polish, portugese and other versions. Which at times exceed what orignal dub has in case of some units especially i acting department. Now it may be cast away with far lower quality work as is seen in Hots or Hearthstone. With none of devoted theatricality and briliant translation of original ones.(ofcourse there sre issues in there too but usualy trivial thins like spelling or single units that coud be done a tiny bit better, mainy n froze throne. Or actor changes prbably due to sceduling issues between ingame and prerendered cinematics. Some of whh cant be fixed because actors se passed away)
I never was against a remake, but it shouldve been done right instead of revisin itcompletely with impunity and arogance it shouldve been treated like WoW classic and Starcraft Remastered.

I will be glad to see new people in but execution of reforged and way it conflicts wit orignal game and all assets we made for it i past 15 years is just terrible and careless. No recognition for effort and quality of thos game for 2001 in comparison to any other rts games and detail it that no rts game share with it from 2000s(mainly because i was planned as a low isometric camera rpg at first) - detailed fully animated portraits and units something that even much later games in the genre like Battle for middle earth series did not have on top of really mudy and blurry textures on units which are never meant to be seen upsclose - is a failure of the team leaders who pushed for these changes and mocked and laughed at the gsme at 2018 blizzcon panel.
None of this matters becsuse activision already earned tons of money on this even before it releases. Me not buyng it is not a difference to them, i might aswel buy it to see upclose what they have broken and start fixing it myself...

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
This is unfair, they should change all the models to make them fit the current style. We NEVER demanded a rework for the game.
Nobody's forcing you to buy/play Reforged.
None of this matters becsuse activision already earned tons of money on this even before it releases. Me not buyng it is not a difference to them, i might aswel buy it to see upclose what they have broken and start fixing it myself...
You're not supporting by supporting?

Level 14
Nobody's forcing you to buy/play Reforged.

You're not supporting by supporting?
Me unsupporting it doesnt not change anything i need to have a look early to see if they messed with the file formats and other things. I dont think that it will use MDX for these models anymore. Tho i may just rely on friends who preordered it already, because i really dont want to add money to activisions pockets, they already are going to have it stuffed to the brim by chinese players.

Level 6
1. Till i see with my own eyes you can play warcraft 3 with people who is using warcraft reforged, i wont believe it. And so, they are FORCING us to buy reforged (again) to be able to keep playing it. Since other way you will end alone or with a divided community.
2. If they are going to release a new version of the game, investing money and time on it, and creating hype on the community. The least we should expect from them, is to release a game with the same style than the previous one. Is like if i say "im going to release AoEIV!!" And then you release an AoEIV with pokemons ¬¬

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Till i see with my own eyes you can play warcraft 3 with people who is using warcraft reforged, i wont believe it. And so, they are FORCING us to buy reforged (again) to be able to keep playing it. Since other way you will end alone or with a divided community.
Your paranoia is unfounded. See StarCraft: Remastered.
The only thing you'd need Reforged for is playing maps made with the Reforged World Editor.

Level 14
Your paranoia is unfounded. See StarCraft: Remastered.
The only thing you'd need Reforged for is playing maps made with the Reforged World Editor.
Thing is Starcraft Remastered was made in time before Activision started to entangle BLizzard more, and did not include anything that hints at imminent microtransactions, and style of the game is 100% intact, animations being the same, campaign being unchanged. Wc3 reforged is complete 180 from what Sc:R was

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Thing is Starcraft Remastered was made in time before Activision started to entangle BLizzard more, and did not include anything that hints at imminent microtransactions, and style of the game is 100% intact, animations being the same, campaign being unchanged. Wc3 reforged is complete 180 from what Sc:R was
They probably realized microtransactions would not work that well for Remastered. However, they do sell graphics overhaul (CarbotAnimations style) but I guess it's due to CarbotA's dedication than anything.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
They are ruining warcraft. Selling its soul to China. I have seen pics of new paladin, archmage, peon, blood mage... And they all suck. Everything is gayer, thiner (except the orcish peon who, for some reason i cant comprehend, is FAT as hell), more anime... It is ridiculous! It has nothing to do with warcraft style! It is a new game! They are ruining a 20 years game atmosphere...
None of that is a surprise, though, tbh. Like, you could see that coming a LONG time.

Status
Not open for further replies.