1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aside of other things i was suggesting(increasing the tile limit, correctly unlocking raise and lower, maybe smaller brush size for terrain(1/4th of current brush size 1, it could be used as a toggle in game constants of when creating a map to use smaller tile/cliff size if possible; Addition of options to control the base tiles stuff like water type, so it is possible to switch from lordaeron water to underground/dungeon water etc)
    I have 2 more suggestions fix Art - Teamcolour to work on the unit no matter if its placed on the map prior or trained ingame, because it only works for pre-placed units at the moment, trained units use player's teamcolour at all times - Fix it, so using triggers or model edits for this isnt necessary), Add means to create water below and above sea level easily, maybe iwht option to raise/lower it with page up and down after selecting like Doodads. Placement height box for Doodads in the properties box when selected by doubleclick/hitting enter, alongside the scaling so precise heigh placement is possible on less even ground.

2. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hopefully, Blizzard is aware of these bugs in their own campaigns:
    Bugs in Warcraft 3 since 1.31 update

One thing that caught my attention was that since 1.29 Blizzard has not fixed the widescreen cinematics in their campaigns. Because you can see more to the left and to the right, unwanted things may be visible in in-game cinematics. In the Dwarf Campaign, we had to fix several cinematics so that they do no show unwanted things in widescreen.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess they'll leave that for Reforged.

Honestly, I wish they fix the actual important ones which crash or impede gameplay, mostly related to triggers.

4. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have been 1 month off. Has anyone solved the freezing issue that makes all players crash at same time? That which appear with last blizzard patches?

5. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Change all 0.00 timers, and all abilities related with timers that have 0.00 duration/interval to 0.01

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Note that 0.01 periodic events might make a map lag on certain occasions like for instance moving multiple floating text variables at once.

7. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im quite sure that i have no 0.00 timers in my map.

Btw, some people told me that having all players using x86 version of w3 may reduce freezing.

8. BobOfficialPando

BobOfficialPando

Resources:
    Resources:
    local files no longer work for me on latest update Imgur it works fine for my acquaintances using the same files

9. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ello again, i wanted to drop another bit of stuff that should to be finally done or sorted out alongside most of what i posted before this time something less pressing but incredibly annoying because its not fixable in any official and semi official way ever since you employed the launcher - older versions, mainly for replay playback because there is no solution for game to just keep stat tables and data from map file/game from the time it was played(which should be proper final solution later down the line so it works corrently like replays from older versions work in Counter Strike Global offensive and Dota2 and many other games that have them from more modern times)
    Please give us standalone installers for all main versions since 1.28 till now. It may not seem like something that important in terms of melee but for custom communities and especially roleplayers its really important to have a way to playback their replays/demo at times, people from custom games and communities playing some custom map competitively would like the option to actually be able to go back on older recordings and analyze something or just to relive some moment(that would apply to pretty much everyone). Currently there is no way to do it if it happened after 1.27 and even then only way to get old standalone installed people have to go to someone who saved it or to pirate sources, and these are not that good either since pirated versions end at 1.26 which is most common for that.
    There should be always a legacy branch of installers on battle.net clients page instead of just latest/launcher download. Alternatively launcher should have the option to download whatever version user wants by some dropdown menu.
    Another major use of this is when latest update introduces some issue like that destructive map corrupting bug from trigger comments. And anything else that may be of an issue(for me removal of unlimited raise terrain via a config file that people used for many years just put in user created UI folder in the game's directory which was broken once game stopped accepting it, and then directory got redone completely, i already shared test maps with Arcitct so it can be finally sorted out officially).

10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really read all kind of posts. I dont care if they are long. But yours was too... Difficult? I mean, too messy, no paragrahps, long sentences, hard to read. In future posts me (and im sure other too) would appreciate u to post with a more ordered structure.

You surely have really good stuff to share and great knowlegde to show, dont low rate it with a messy writting ;)

11. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know but i am a but chaotic and apparently dislectic i always was like that i try to organize it most of the time because i just type a way and singular wall of text but i am trying to make some paragraphs out of it so it isnt so overwhelming and chunky but its still kind of is after that.
    Same with me rarely using commas and excessively going of with explanations or side tangents in brackets. In general my posts like my thought train so informative but really chaotic xd
    This happens with stuff i work on.
    Even if i tried to organize folders for every model edit or texture work or something else it turns to super deep and branched out mess where i end up favouring some central folder and just use it for everything even when it initially was a folder for something like a castle wall model xD
    My most recent solution is just to stick to that main folder but i still create side ones and then forget except for ones i use frequently so i guess i just am messy and chaotic xD and so is this post jow i guess xD

12. arman193

arman193

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hate new patch realy bullshit
    I cant move my mouse!!!
    I Update my warcraft to 1.31‍♂️becuse new campaigns need new patch!
    And after my fps sucks its 4 beetween 5 only and i have alot lags
    And my Hardware very good
    Ithink new patch have many bug
    I have 200 fps in 1.30!! ‍♂️and now its 4
    Why billzard make new patch?i think for destroy warcraft 3 :/

13. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You need to use -graphicsapi Direct3D9 when you start warcraft 3 exe.

14. arman193

arman193

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do this bro but its not work :(
    I have 8 gb ram
    Its just patch problem

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you try both .exes, the one in the x64_x86 folder and the on in the x86?

If it was a bug, it would have been reported. Maybe, the installation wasn't properly done.

16. arman193

arman193

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for answer bro ❤️
    I dont know what your mean
    X64 orx86
    Your mean is 32bitor64bit?
    My os is Windows 8 64bit
    I have another thing but i dont know its problem or not
    When i Update my warcraft to 1.31
    Its make new warcraft!!!
    And now i have two war3
    One is 1.30 ver and two is 1.31ver:|

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just get in the 1.31 folder and try the .exes in the folders I mentioned.

18. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    32 bit is much more stable so pick that one.

19. arman193

arman193

Resources:
    Resources:
    I do this and its not work!!!
    And all have lags and low fps
    Very sucks
    Idont know why billzard make new patch
    Last patch very good

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What operating system are you running the game on?

Most people don't have these issues you mention.