1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.31.1 Live Update

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by TriggerHappy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They made it Player Unit Event.
    Still it's not in GUI.

2. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Okay, stupid question - how do I use a JASS event in GUI trigger? Events haven't got Custom Script option, sadly.

3. 4rum_Arts

4rum_Arts

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Hahaha. The Korean version is the same as the mess.
    However, the error has only recently been fixed.

[​IMG]
    Previously, there was no language file for the newly added function. :D

4. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You don't. You can however for example in map initialization with custom script:
    Code (vJASS):
    call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEventSimple( gg_trg_Damage_Unit, Player(0), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DAMAGED )

This adds to your trigger " Damage Unit" the event "any unit owned by player red (1 in GUI, 0 in jass) takes damage.

5. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Makes sense, thanks.

6. Yui Moe

Yui Moe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, it said we can detect any unit is damaged now in current editor, but how, I didn't find relevant event in trigger editor tho :(

Edit: Oh, I saw previous reply, but that's for player unit damaged event right? But the update patch log said we have generic unit damaged event already??

for example, can I use:

Code (vJASS):
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ(YOUR_TRIGGER, EVENT_UNIT_DAMAGED)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  7. 7oda

7oda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Anyone keep crashing when playing online?

8. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    In custom maps? Everybody

9. ESTO

ESTO

Resources:
    Resources:
    I asked in Blizzard forums about the DotA map and there are tons of similar threads / posts about custom maps which crash, however noone from the staff seems to care.
    Is there anything we can expect from them concerning bugfixes before Reforged is published ?

10. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should we start a petition in change.org? XD

It has been a LOT of days without a fucking single word or explanation about the freezings from Blizzard.

11. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    they're under NDA to not speak about how rushed and forced those updates were, how ambitious the idea itself is, and how incompetent to work on such a big project w/o proper QA squad. I wouldnt say they dont care. They're just in a mess which may take a while to get rid of.

12. Kakerate

Kakerate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Being unable to open my project in current World Edit is kind of daunting.. QA seems more reasonable than putting the onus of testing on your modder/playerbase..

13. Trill

Trill

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Eh, if Blizzard is forced to react, we all know what they'll say.
    "You think you want a stable working game, but you do not. Do you guys not have Reforged prepurchased?"

14. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jajajaja.

To be honest, they might have said that on the blizzcon, but after all the rage and complains, they were forced to start working on a diablo 4. Or at least to say that they were working on It... Meanwhile we dont have a bug fixing patch, neither a single Word of being working on it.

15. ESTO

ESTO

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there,

So I keep trying to fix the Bara Ulti crash in Dota caused by 1.31 patch.

Code (Text):

call TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(Nu,.0,true)
    call TriggerAddCondition(Nu,Condition(function BaraMorphAnimation))

Could it be that TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(Nu,.0,true) now causes crashes when the 2nd value is set to 0 ? I changed it to 0.1 and it seems to fix the issue. Did anyone make similar experiences? Would be nice to know, since I could then move on to fix the random Invoker crashes ...

Thanks in advance !

Edit: By the way the Bara ulti crash only occurs when the game is at least running for ~8+mins ...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  16. ESTO

ESTO

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey again,

sorry for bothering again, but I just wanted to tell that the expression TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(Nu,.0,true) indeed caused the problem. After updating the map and putting the value to 0.1 DotA doesn't crash anymore when Bara uses his Ulti (tested in dozens of games and in Bnet ppl are very happy to play this lame hero again :> )

I hope someone responsible will read this and fix this - excuse me- lousy patch.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  17. Jimpanse1

Jimpanse1

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't have much knowledge about Jass, but what exactly is the difference between TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic & TriggerRegisterTimerEvent?
    I've tried to convert every Timer Event i know from GUI to Jass, but couldn't find one that matches yours. Is it any different to the ones known in GUI?

Btw, good job finding the problem!

18. ESTO

ESTO

Resources:
    Resources:
    They are almost the same. Your function calls "my function" with the boolean parameter set to true:
    Code (Text):
    function TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic takes trigger trig, real timeout returns event
        return TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(trig, timeout, true)
    endfunction
    (If the boolean parameter is set to true it is periodic otherwise not)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  19. Elbadruhel

Elbadruhel

Resources:
    Resources:
    I received some info about the "Freezing issue" that is affecting a lot of maps, making them unplayable. Some guys have told me that it might be due to Blizzard breaking "every 0.01 seconds" event, the games will freeze around 10-15 mins if it is used even if the trigger is properly coded, on or off, running or not.

Some maps are freezing even without using the "every 0.01 seconds", so other "timers" might have been corrupted by last blizzard patch. If you all that own how to code could investigate it and share your discovering, we all would appreciate it. You would save custom games!

Maybe other events affected are: "0 seconds elapsed time" or even bigger "every X seconds" due to blizzard chaning how the game "detects" the time, or making the smaller time unit bigger than previously (as they reduced the max amount of variables), also it could be related with they making variables 0 indexed or how the game now writes, storage or reads variables (or now it going mad if u dont set initial value for variables).

If you could give a look to this and discover what is causing the freezing, all the mappers will thank you a lot, cause nowadays we are in complete darkness, blind, blizzard have not answered yet, they are silent and all we know is what we can research and discover by ourselves. So if some guys and girls so expert as u could help us with this research, we could solve it much earlier.

Thanks and have a nice day.

20. KeepVary

KeepVary

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've tested some of those new natives and collect some problems so far (based on 1.31.1.12173 PTR), it's time to give some feedback (hope this isn't too late).

* I made a simple classify that wrote a mark on each entry's beginning:
    [*P] means a problem (problems could be uncertain bugs, or things that hard to get with).
    [*B] means an obvious bug.
    [*S] means a suggestion.

Hardware:

1. [*P] Keyboard events won't work while holding the mouse left button down. (This problem is a disaster, it killed many possibilities on gameplay creation, please pay attention to)
    2. [*P] Events of key [Shift], [Ctrl], [Alt], [F5] doesn't work after registered.
    3. [*P] Event
      EVENT_PLAYER_MOUSE_DOWN
      can't be triggering with the mouse middle button.
    4. [*P] Missing native(s) for the mouse wheel.
    5. [*P] Missing native(s) to get the mouse's screen coordinates.
    6. [*S] Mouse/keyboard events' syncing causes unstable delays (can't avoid by
      GetLocalPlayer
      ), those events should have an async option that will become more flexible. (The delay-issue really make people nuts when playing Music/Rhythm or Action etc type games)
    7. [*S] Provide native(s) to modify those default hotkeys/functionalities (e.g. camera control, quick save, menu, etc), or just let custom mouse/keyboard events can override their default functionalities.
    8. [*S] Add more utility natives for the mouse, e.g. native for modifying the cursor's texture, natives for set/get the cursor's animation status/index, native for directly calling the placement cursor without clicking command buttons, etc.

UI Frame:

1. [*P] The widescreen mode still uses a 4:3 resolution layout that regular frames can't be positioned to both sides.
    2. [*P] Missing native to get the mouseover frame.
    3. [*P] Missing native to get the keyboard focused frame.
    4. [*P] (
      BlzDestroyFrame
      ) Destroy any frame on initialization (exactly, at main() execution) will crash the game when the game starts. (Reset a different parent for the deletion frame before the destroy calls, could avoid that crash in most case, not find the reason yet)
    5. [*P] (
      BlzFrameSetFocus
      ) Set focus on any editbox frame, the keyboard focus will lock to that frame and can only be released after clicking it once or activate another editbox frame. (Besides,
      BlzFrameSetFocus
      seem effected on frametype "EDITBOX" only)
    6. [*P] Event
      FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_DOWN
      and
      FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_DOUBLECLICK
      seem doesn't work at any frametype.
    7. [*P] Missing native to get the mouse wheel's delta for event
      FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_WHEEL
    8. [*S] The process of modifying command buttons is kind of complicated, it should be more simple. (Specifically, the 12 command buttons were too coupling with their layout parent frame that users need to do some extra works in order to modify them properly)
    9. [*S] Hope for some simplification on model-frametypes, like add some natives to set/get the model's properties (especially, the camera). (Seem users need to edit the model file properly in order to use those frametypes; it's hard to test those types since there hasn't any explanation for them at present)
    10. [*S] Hope there's a way to modify the chat editbox (which popups by press enter), like add it to
      originframetype

Lua:

1. [*B] There's a fatal error on percent sign (%) parsing with Lua compiler, wrong code saved to war3map.lua by the compiler if there has any "%" in the code (the Lua engine runs alright as long as got correct code from war3map.lua). (I had tested the "%" as strings, operator mod, patterns of regex and string.format, found the parse on escape char "%" has lacked, and this kind of parse seem not been restricted)
    2. [*B] Type
      eventid
      and
      gamestate
      can't match those constant events of their children types correctly.
    3. [*P] The Lua global variables of those objects which placed in the editor (that "gg_..." things) can't be auto-assigned on initialization, users have to selected-used them in a GUI trigger in order to assign them (this probably about memory saving, but it's an inconvenience), add an userdata or native in order to access those "gg_" objects may be a good idea.
    4. [*P] The string escape char "\t" has no result; "\r" has wrong result (it should back to start of the line, not a line feed like "\n")

Others:

1. [*S] Assign any variable in
      globals...endglobals
      block (or Lua's global environment) by any function's returns value which only available after game loaded (e.g.
      GetCameraBoundMinX
      BlzGetOriginFrame
      , etc), the game will crashes on loading; it will be helpful if the compiler can throw an error message about this.
    2. [*S] Hope to see a farther distant view (extended FarZ limit). (The patch 1.31 brings so many possibilities that lots of creators certainly can't be satisfied with just making a "map", but the 10000 FarZ limit really restricts a grand 3D scene construction)