• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files

Level 5
Unfortunately 1.31.1 is the only version that Blizzard had for Classic. You can also download other versions of WC3 using this link below:

also i find this in google bro WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne - Patch 1.31.0 - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki and 1.31.0 Patch Notes so what is this

Last edited:
Level 28
This is the patch logs, not the actual download link. The link that I provided was the download link for WC3 (though it's not an official Blizzard site cause Classic was no longer distributed). If you want to play the game, you'll have to download the game from the link I provided or just straight to 1.31 one, then unzip to anywhere else. Afterwards, you'll have to enter your CD-Keys (do not use Reforged) and follow the instructions so that your game is not auto-updated to Reforged.

Level 4
Having some trouble with this. So I'm running Windows 10 on parallels on a Mac. There's a couple custom campaigns I want to play that I require this version (or at least 1.30.4) to run. I've tried downloading the files several times. Sometimes I am prompted to enter a CD code (which I have) and sometimes I am not. In all cases the game starts up and appears to work, though I have to open the file (and the one for the editor) as an administrator, otherwise I receive an error message. I have started up some missions in the vanilla campaigns and they work. So the download works-the issue is that there is no campaigns or maps folder to put custom campaigns in. A "Warcraft III" folder is created in the documents directory, but it only contains a "logs" folder and an "errors" folder. I have tried creating my own "Campaigns" and "Maps" folder in this directory but anything put in them do not appear in-game. After trying several times with this patch, I attempted to download 1.30.4 instead. Same issues, although I noticed that the extracted file did already have a "Maps" folder associated with it, which contained the melee maps. Is this the same maps folder that is meant to be in documents? Can anyone give me a hand? Would really appreciate it. Have previously run 1.28 on parallels and it has worked fine...Why won't this?
Thanks.

Level 28
Wow, the question is too long for me to give the actual solution, but I would say if your campaign or map is not visible in-game, this means your download is corrupted or you just placed the file on the correct path.
Make sure the directory of Warcraft III document folder goes like this (take a look for "Maps" and "Campaigns" folder):

WC3 Document.jpg

As seen on the picture above, the presence of "s" is a must for both "Campaigns" and "Maps" folder.

Level 2
Having some trouble with this. So I'm running Windows 10 on parallels on a Mac. There's a couple custom campaigns I want to play that I require this version (or at least 1.30.4) to run. I've tried downloading the files several times. Sometimes I am prompted to enter a CD code (which I have) and sometimes I am not. In all cases the game starts up and appears to work, though I have to open the file (and the one for the editor) as an administrator, otherwise I receive an error message. I have started up some missions in the vanilla campaigns and they work. So the download works-the issue is that there is no campaigns or maps folder to put custom campaigns in. A "Warcraft III" folder is created in the documents directory, but it only contains a "logs" folder and an "errors" folder. I have tried creating my own "Campaigns" and "Maps" folder in this directory but anything put in them do not appear in-game. After trying several times with this patch, I attempted to download 1.30.4 instead. Same issues, although I noticed that the extracted file did already have a "Maps" folder associated with it, which contained the melee maps. Is this the same maps folder that is meant to be in documents? Can anyone give me a hand? Would really appreciate it. Have previously run 1.28 on parallels and it has worked fine...Why won't this?
Thanks.
Had the same issue when I downloaded 1.31 (Idk if this will work for you but it did for me) so I was wondering why my campaigns weren't showing but the problem was that I still had my 1.30 Warcraft III folder in my documents and after i deleted it and ran Warcraft III again i checked on my documents folder and i got the 1.31 version of Warcraft III with the campaigns and Maps folder. Hope it works.

Level 2
C:\Users\WindowsProfileName>\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaign
I follow the instruction in the comments.
Delete the Warcraft III Folder in your documents and run Warcraft III if it doesn't auto-create the folder then create it yourself and don't put anything in the folder and run the game

Level 28
How can you play multiplayer on it?
You can't play online using the official Blizzard server because they killed it in favor of Reforged. However, you can still use third-party software like Radmin VPN. If you want to install and play using this method, read the official Radmin Warcraft 3 Discord server.

Had the same issue when I downloaded 1.31 (Idk if this will work for you but it did for me) so I was wondering why my campaigns weren't showing but the problem was that I still had my 1.30 Warcraft III folder in my documents and after i deleted it and ran Warcraft III again i checked on my documents folder and i got the 1.31 version of Warcraft III with the campaigns and Maps folder. Hope it works.
Delete the Warcraft III Folder in your documents and run Warcraft III if it doesn't auto-create the folder then create it yourself and don't put anything in the folder and run the game
Another possible solution would be to delete the entire registries and the folder. When you start the game again, it will recreate the fresh key.

Level 2
You can't play online using the official Blizzard server because they killed it in favor of Reforged. However, you can still use third-party software like Radmin VPN. If you want to install and play using this method, read the official Radmin Warcraft 3 Discord server.
It Didnt work for me i even did all the things in radmin

Level 28
There is never a good reason to delete game files. They do not interfere with each other so deleting them is useless. Delete registry keys if you're going to an older version but that's it.
Thank you, I already did this with 1.29 and 1.31. Here's my installation folder and registry if you don't know this unique trick works.

Attachments

• WC3 1.29 InstallPath.jpg
    WC3 1.29 InstallPath.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 121
  • WC3 1.31 InstallPath.jpg
    WC3 1.31 InstallPath.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Regedit W3.jpg
    Regedit W3.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 132
Level 28
That registry setup will not work with 1.28 due to the save games folder not matching in format (proper slashes instead of backslashes).

I have 6-10 Warcraft 3 versions and, other than 1.26 in fullscreen mode, they all work
Yeah, I know cause pre-1.28 still has "InstallPath" and "InstallPathX" entries, plus no "Preferred Game Version" key.

For the second case, this should be no problem. There is a sample picture about your installation folder of WC3 in Discord Server (Warcraft 3 United). This means, if I have 1.29 and 1.31 at the same computer, they still work (provided their installation folders are made separately). However, 1.26 doesn't seem to work due to the registry problem.

Level 1
Hi, sorry to ask but when i download the Language Fix it gets downloaded as an audio file how do i change it? please help

Level 28
Hi, sorry to ask but when i download the Language Fix it gets downloaded as an audio file how do i change it? please help
Read the short notice:
About the language fix being downloaded as an MP3 file, blame Google. It thinks it's an audio file so you will have to manually rename it so that its extension is .reg (it's almost certainly something else at the moment)
You can also try this trick if you want to download several Language Fixes (if you want to play the game using your own language).

Level 2
I'm having issues trying to download the this patch from the main file provided. Am I suppose to use the laucher first? If not and just got to file x86 whenever I click warcraft 3.exe I get this error message:

Attachments

• warcraft 3 error.PNG
    warcraft 3 error.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 61
Level 28
I'm having issues trying to download the this patch from the main file provided. Am I suppose to use the laucher first? If not and just got to file x86 whenever I click warcraft 3.exe I get this error message:
Don't use the Launcher! It will auto-update the game file to Reforged.
Once you have extracted everything, just run "Warcraft III.exe" and the CD-Key prompt will appear.

Edit: It looks like in this thread there appears to be another post, but it's deleted. It's about switching Reign of Chaos/The Frozen Throne. In case you want to switch between those clients, you can click on the small icon next to "Single Player" button (Orc and Arthas), as depicted on the attachment.

Attachments

• Reign of Chaos Shortcut.png
    Reign of Chaos Shortcut.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Level 2
Don't use the Launcher! It will auto-update the game file to Reforged.
Once you have extracted everything, just run "Warcraft III.exe" and the CD-Key prompt will appear.

Edit: It looks like in this thread there appears to be another post, but it's deleted. It's about switching Reign of Chaos/The Frozen Throne. In case you want to switch between those clients, you can click on the small icon next to "Single Player" button (Orc and Arthas), as depicted on the attachment.
Thank you so much for the clarification! I do need to say the CD-key prompt doesn't appear because I've already done this download before, but I broke the original files accidently updating to reforged. However it still let's me log in, but I have another problem now that I can log in, concerning Custom Campaigns.

The campaign folder for custom campaigns is in Documents, yet I can't find the folder. I do seem to have generated a warcraft 3 folder there ,but this is all I get: No sign of campaign or the maps folder

Edit: Nevermind I managed to get it to work. Something wasn't downloading right and I fixed it.

Attachments

• No Campaigns or Maps.PNG
    No Campaigns or Maps.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 83
  • Custom Campaign Documents Folder.PNG
    Custom Campaign Documents Folder.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Level 1
I'm having issues get the "Language fixes" to work I installed and it says that they are added to the registry but the game language is still the same. How do i fix that?

Level 20
I'm having issues get the "Language fixes" to work I installed and it says that they are added to the registry but the game language is still the same. How do i fix that?
Check the following registry directory:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3

It should look like this:

Keys.jpg

*** Since my system is in Polish, here's a translation for the first value: "Domyślna" = "Default" and "wartość nie ustalona" = "undefined value".

So... does it?

Last edited:
Level 9
why since version 1.30 - 1.31 the default campaigns have some missing dialogue.(1.31)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-07-14-21-27-655_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-07-14-21-27-655_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 28
why since version 1.30 the default campaigns have some missing dialogue.
This is one of the bug that still appears in 1.30+. Currently, single player campaigns on the most recent version of WC3 (non-Reforged) has a lot of issues.
There is an official statement made by Blizzard in this thread (see the picture below):

bug in warcraft 3 campaigns.jpg

Aside from this bug, some infamous bug such as missing item for Tyrande and Grom, as well as the level restart bug on Founding of Durotar (upon returning to the main map after completing the sub-maps), can be seen in this version.
Assuming you have older versions of WC3 (like 1.27b), then it's a good idea to try that old one instead of this one.

Level 1
1. It is recommended that you uninstall Warcraft III: Reforged or any other version of the game and delete the Warcraft III folder from the Program Files (x86) directory first as having both versions of the game installed might cause issues.
Welp, seems like that I won't need to download this then.
I wasted so much time to make reforged running, that I don't want to redownload it later again.

Level 17
Welp, seems like that I won't need to download this then.
I wasted so much time to make reforged running, that I don't want to redownload it later again.
Whoever says it's recommended to "uninstall" any other version is direly overcautious. I have had dozens of Warcraft 3 folders side by side, without having to "uninstall" any of them (not to mention Warcraft 3 doesn't have much need to "install" in the first place.

Uninstalling them also doesn't remove all the registry keys that are capable of causing trouble (Tool windows in the WorldEdit folder, the user save directory key if it's been shaped incompatibly with 1.28, and the graphics option ones in case you really need 1.26 or older as well).

Keeping 1.32 installed also has a special positive, it will keep the Blizzard launcher happy with you already having a Warcraft 3, so it won't update any other random War3 installation on your disk, all you're left with is to never run the Warcraft 3 Launcher executable instead of the main game executable (in x86_64 folder in 1.31+)

Last edited:
Level 1
Whoever says it's recommended to "uninstall" any other version is direly overcautious. I have had dozens of Warcraft 3 folders side by side, without having to "uninstall" any of them (not to mention Warcraft 3 doesn't have much need to "install" in the first place.

Uninstalling them also doesn't remove all the registry keys that are capable of causing trouble (Tool windows in the WorldEdit folder, the user save directory key if it's been shaped incompatibly with 1.28, and the graphics option ones in case you really need 1.26 or older as well).
Thank you! Then I will download it, and just say if it works or not for me. (I've installed all kind of versions of TFT and ROC on my laptop, but never the reforged one, so that's why I'm a bit cautious.)

Level 17
Thank you! Then I will download it, and just say if it works or not for me. (I've installed all kind of versions of TFT and ROC on my laptop, but never the reforged one, so that's why I'm a bit cautious.)
It may not be the best to keep this discussion in this thread, but if you are on the Hive Discord, you can post any potential problems there and I (or one of the many helpful members thereof) will probably be able to help. Happy warring!

Level 20
The quote was from the first post, so it was me - and okay, I can admit to being overcautious, though to my defense, I'm not a tech savy guy, so I simply posted whatever worked for me as the "installation tutorial" in case someone didn't have any idea how to get it to run. My bad.

Anyway, I've already fixed this particular issue, though... You seem much more familiar with how W3 works, so could I ask you to take a look at the first post in this topic, especially the "How to install" part and point out any other mistakes I made, so I can correct them?

Last edited:
Level 17
I did not intend to sound as rude as I came off, sorry about that, and your instructions are mostly on point. I would only say there's no reason to remove games, and only instead remove all the registry keys (or if you want to keep most preferences, only remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit\Tool Windows for the World editor, as 1.32 won't write to any of the "warcraft III" registry keys), then extract/copy old versions anywhere on any disk (with Program files not being a recommendable location due to permissions), and other than that what you wrote seems perfect.

Last edited:
Level 20
I did not intend to sound as rude as I came off, sorry about that
You didn't! I made some mistakes, you just rightfully pointed them out, no need to apologize for it.

Besides, you were right - I was being overly cautious. That's what happens when you want to help, but are too ignorant to know how :D Luckily, you wonderful people never fail to provide valuable feedback. Just one of the reasons why I love this site so much :)

Anyway, I've edited the first post to include your input and a few other minor things - should be better now. Thank you for the help!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
You didn't! I made some mistakes, you just rightfully pointed them out, no need to apologize for it.

Besides, you were right - I was being overly cautious. That's what happens when you want to help, but are too ignorant to know how :D Luckily, you wonderful people never fail to provide valuable feedback. Just one of the reasons why I love this site so much :)

Anyway, I've edited the first post to include your input and a few other minor things - should be better now. Thank you for the help!
A situation like this is the perfect time to be overcautious; the last thing you want is for someone to come back & yell at your for "ruining their computer/install/etc".

Even if no one follows it, it's valuable to put a "WARNING: the safest way to do this is to entirely uninstall any other versions that may be causing conflicts, otherwise you could BREAK STUFF".

Level 28
A situation like this is the perfect time to be overcautious; the last thing you want is for someone to come back & yell at your for "ruining their computer/install/etc".

Even if no one follows it, it's valuable to put a "WARNING: the safest way to do this is to entirely uninstall any other versions that may be causing conflicts, otherwise you could BREAK STUFF".
I would agree this statement. Furthermore, this version is extremely buggy, especially the single player skirmish.
When I play skirmish with computer, the AI starts attacking creeps incredibly late than when I played it on the older versions.

Level 17

I would say the contrary, even bringing up the idea of "you should do X AND Y" (uninstall, remove all registry) if either, much less both are not going to cause issues, will have two bad side-effects: first it implants the ideas of doing this to a reader, and both of those actions have undesirable effects to many anyway (losing other versions, losing settings) while I can claim with utmost certainty that a second Warcraft 3 folder is not going to do anything to your install and much less your machine, and second it shifts any possible blame to the user even when not applicable, so if "overcautious" wording is overused, accidents can happen where a provably faulty installation destroying anything would still appear to be a user's fault.
Overcaution is good as a starting point, for which I can say MasterBlaster did perfectly, but I think the even better action they took is that they were ready to change the wording once more data was presented.

Not to mention that in this case "entirely uninstall" is also ambiguous as Warcraft 3 won't even leave an appwiz.cpl entry in most cases, the most important of which being having run it from an extracted folder. WORSE STILL a misguided person might delete all their downloaded maps as part of this "process"

Level 1
What if I want to return back to Reforged and I don't own Reforged license? I have both RoC and TFT licence CD keys and I can't update back to Reforged after I downloaded that patch.

Level 28
What if I want to return back to Reforged and I don't own Reforged license? I have both RoC and TFT licence CD keys and I can't update back to Reforged after I downloaded that patch.
You mean playing Reforged without Reforged license? It is possible, but the only downside is that you can't play the game on HD assets.
You'll still need buying a license first for unlocking the HD assets.
Also, updating your game client to Reforged means your TFT license will be obsolete. In order to play The Frozen Throne (and SD mode), one only needs a ROC license.

Level 17
To get 1.32 with just a ROC cd-key (as TFT had become useless after 1.30.2), go to the Blizzard site and download the installer from there, the launcher only semi-supports the cd-key method.

Level 2
Hello to all,

Is it still possible to switch to a previous patch from Reforged?

I'm desperately looking on several sites but I can't find it.

I am stuck with Reforged or with a 27b version.

Thank you in advance if you have other tips to install other versions.

Level 28
Hello to all,

Is it still possible to switch to a previous patch from Reforged?

I'm desperately looking on several sites but I can't find it.

I am stuck with Reforged or with a 27b version.

Thank you in advance if you have other tips to install other versions.
You can, but it requires deleting the entire Reforged contents (including the registries). If you want to install previous patch of WC3 along with Reforged, you might encounter some issues with the game and the World Editor. To quote the author:
1. While it is possible to have multiple versions of Warcraft III installed at the same time, you might run into some issues due to incompatible registry keys. As such, if you use (or used) another Warcraft III version, it's advised that you check the registry first by following these 3 simple steps:
  • Press Windows Key + R, type in "regedit" (without quotes) and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
  • In the Registry Editor, nagivate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment.
  • Look for folders: "Classic Launcher", "Warcraft III" and "WorldEdit".
Not all keys contained in these folders are causing problems, but for the sake of keeping this guide simple - if you see any of these folders, you might as well delete it entirely since any required keys will be automatically recreated upon launching the game.

If you'd prefer to delete specific keys instead, @BogdanW3 explained which ones are problematic:

Uninstalling them also doesn't remove all the registry keys that are capable of causing trouble (Tool windows in the WorldEdit folder, the user save directory key if it's been shaped incompatibly with 1.28, and the graphics option ones in case you really need 1.26 or older as well)

Be advised that if you're planning to have multiple versions of Warcraft III installed at the same time, you might need to repeat the step above quite often when switching between versions, especially if you're using the World Editor. For example, if you play Reforged and then want to launch 1.31, but you're encountering problems, you'll need to "purge" the registry. Same when going from 1.31. to Reforged or any other version.

That said, if you're just using 1.31 and 1.32 and you'd like to keep your preferences, it might also be enough to simply delete this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\WorldEdit\Tool Windows

it requires deleting the entire Reforged contents (including the registries). If you want to install previous patch of WC3 along with Reforged, you might encounter some issues with the game and the World Editor. To quote the author:
Feels like this is slightly misleading, as at least for me only the Tool Windows registry key has to be deleted. I have Reforged and my backups running fully in parallel other than this.