• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Did some languages ever have installers? (JA, CZ. CN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Me and some folk have been looking to back up the different language versions of Warcraft III classic, but three in particular have proven hard, which were Japanese, Czech, and Chinese (Simplified), these are also *installers*, not regular patch files, but more like when you get a link like

WAR3&locale=en-US&os=WIN

as opposed to this
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/War3TFT_127b_English.exe

That sort, to get the legacy installer, the thing is, this does NOT work for the three missing languages in particular, even cross referencing Language codes and looking into the mpq game config files for languages, none of that works and throws up an error message (while putting pl PL will get the Polish install), Wayback machine was no help either.

Even editing the main mpq file to change the language code won't work, you can patch it to a new language that way, but that'll only patch the *text* (and I don't remember if it even gets all of it), not the voices, those'll still be whatever the old language was.

I'm asking was there *ever* language installer style exes for these three languages? I'm looking to back up what I can and finding these has proven nearly impossible, even finding existence of these hasn't been easy.

Level 2
Found Czech now.

The way I see it, these three don't have installers because of the weird publishing differences. (Czech by Cetanga Czech, Japanese by Capcom, Simple Chinese by whoever). So they all might just be Disc only.

One question and I don't know if anyone can confirm it, did the Japanese version ever have a dub at all? Or was it only english dub with Japanese text? Since some games do that a few times. Archive links also had the Japanese Demo available, but that only installed in English, this doesn't rule out the full game being dubbed and translated but even still.

Looking all over online I can't find anything on this, even a video. I *did* find the Japanese version on Amazon (JP, and for the equivalent of 100$ in Yen), don't really want to pick that up unless I know it's different though. Don't really wanna go searching outside that, last time I tried that didn't get me anywhere. Did find some archive.org page links of interest though but they don't lead much of anywhere here.

WARCRAFT III REIGIN OF CHAOS

Level 2
qq%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720210924173423-png.387488

the Japanese version did not have a dub, download:huang1111网盘(无广告)

Level 29
To be clear, that guy's post above, which is the same one from this thread might be helpful for getting the missing languages on Warcraft III, but the Japanese version didn't have a dub.
Also, since 1.28, support for the Czech version of the game has been dropped. The standalone patch installers made by Blizzard are no longer provided in favour of Reforged.
In addition, if you want to play the game with your own language (other than English) on 1.31.1, please do this trick. This will solve the black screen bug:
:: Save this file as wc3-set-registry-lang-chinese.bat
:: Double-click to run

:: See List of official patches for Warcraft 3
:: Section: "FAQ"
:: -> "Why do I have a black screen at startup? (relevant for versions 1.30.0.9900-1.32)"

set WC3LANG="zhCN"
echo "Setting language to %WC3LANG%"

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3" /v "LOCALE" /t "REG_SZ" /d "%WC3LANG%" /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3" /v "LOCALE_AUDIO" /t "REG_SZ" /d "%WC3LANG%" /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3t" /v "LOCALE" /t "REG_SZ" /d "%WC3LANG%" /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3t" /v "LOCALE_AUDIO" /t "REG_SZ" /d "%WC3LANG%" /f

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3b" /v "LOCALE" /t "REG_SZ" /d "%WC3LANG%" /f
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Classic Launcher\w3b" /v "LOCALE_AUDIO" /t "REG_SZ" /d "%WC3LANG%" /f
zhCN is for the Simplified Chinese version of the game. You can change the code to anywhere else (deDE for Germany).

Level 2
需要说明的是,上面那个家伙的帖子,和这根线可能对魔兽争霸III上缺少的语言有帮助,但是日文版没有配音。
此外,自1.28以来,对捷克版本的游戏的支持已经下降。由暴雪制作的独立补丁安装程序不再提供支持重新伪造。
另外,如果你想在1.31 . 1上用自己的语言(英语除外)玩游戏,请做这个技巧。这将解决黑屏bug:

zhCN是游戏的简体中文版。您可以将代码更改为其他任何地方(deDE用于德国)。
good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.