• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pandaren RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Looks amazing. I would like to help out in any way I can, that is, if you need help. Postign this without havign read too much of the thread,I'm a little out of the loop.

Anyway, here are my ideas:

I would suggest usign the female Pandaren Ninja thingy model, as this, liek nearly all other pandaren maps/campaigns/whatevers, is lacking in females. Also, the Wisdom Heroes dont differ all that much. Most of them (aside from the Seeker and the Geomancer) are mainly the same, aside from different colorings. Perhaps give them weapons such as staves, or differ their robes a bit more. Furthermor, why would a boxer use weapons in both hands? I would understand just the drum thing or keg, whatever it is, but a stave as well? Perhaps replace the drum thingy with a keg (to make it truly seem as if he's been drinking ;D), and remove the stave? I am also noticign a lack of ranged Heroes, aside from the Wisdom ones. Shouldt there be soem ranged ones in the Dexterity Heroes section? I have more suggestions, but I dont feel like writign them this late at night. I'll get on with it later.

Level 13
Didnt read whole thread (too lazy) , but it's a good idea ^^

For the terrain...please dont do it all the same all over again...make some icy hills or fierry dungeons , maybe even some human town somewhere (as humans were trying to get everywhere)

i am sad that i cant offer my help cause you do everything much better then me :)

for the drunk boxer... some drunk enrage maybe? (your screen starts to swing all around but your hero does good damage)

Level 34
Looks amazing. I would like to help out in any way I can, that is, if you need help. Postign this without havign read too much of the thread,I'm a little out of the loop.

Anyway, here are my ideas:

I would suggest usign the female Pandaren Ninja thingy model, as this, liek nearly all other pandaren maps/campaigns/whatevers, is lacking in females. Also, the Wisdom Heroes dont differ all that much. Most of them (aside from the Seeker and the Geomancer) are mainly the same, aside from different colorings. Perhaps give them weapons such as staves, or differ their robes a bit more. Furthermor, why would a boxer use weapons in both hands? I would understand just the drum thing or keg, whatever it is, but a stave as well? Perhaps replace the drum thingy with a keg (to make it truly seem as if he's been drinking ;D), and remove the stave? I am also noticign a lack of ranged Heroes, aside from the Wisdom ones. Shouldt there be soem ranged ones in the Dexterity Heroes section? I have more suggestions, but I dont feel like writign them this late at night. I'll get on with it later.
To be honest, I don't like that ninja model. Drunk Boxing is just a fighting skill, it's not literally boxing. Well, if you find any ranged Pandaren unit, tell me.
Didnt read whole thread (too lazy) , but it's a good idea ^^

For the terrain...please dont do it all the same all over again...make some icy hills or fierry dungeons , maybe even some human town somewhere (as humans were trying to get everywhere)

i am sad that i cant offer my help cause you do everything much better then me :)

for the drunk boxer... some drunk enrage maybe? (your screen starts to swing all around but your hero does good damage)
I'll redo the whole terrain (mentioning this for the 50th time xD) and make it completely different and better. I don't know about the humans, they won't fit in the story, but there will be some Blood Elves. Oh, and... I already got abilities for Drunk Boxer now, but thanks! :pcon:

Last edited:
Level 21
Everything looks great, but add a little bit more nature stuff like flowers, shrubs, and make the places more hilly. So far beyond that I love it.

Level 34
lawl nice, must have Pandiablo as end boos :3
also found some spelling corrections
Bleh, I don't know about Pandiablo... maybe I'll ad him as an easter egg or secret boss. :prazz:
So... can you tell what spelling corrections have you found?

And sorry guys, you'll have to wait for the terrain a bit longer. I must fix the heroes first, for example, Grounshaker is in total mess, I'll have to rework his abilities. :pmeh:

The artwork is amazingly consistent and beautiful. Models, skins and icons are excellent.
I would complain about something, though. Skills are too close to warcraft ones and don't seem to be very dynamic. I don't know if they are supposed to be like that, but I'm sure that if they were more unique and customized, they would be more interesting too. If you agree, and you want help with ideas for them, I can help you...

Level 13
Well...as i see it ,you dont like the forest guardian for now (too boring as you said) so what about making him "more in touch with nature"? for example change the stun ot heal that its stronger if target is close to trees and ulti same (so the player cant just cast ulti in middle of all enemyes...) or totally new spell some kind of transform trees into tree guardians (elven towers) for limited time ...

If you like it or wants more ideas just tell ;)

Level 3
I say old bean. You've caught my attention.

Since terrain is my thing I'd like to say this a couple of things:
- Fog is a bit nasty. Color doesn't really do the pandarian scenery justice if you get my drift.
- Those trees are too similar to each other. Do yourself a favor. Use your skill to do some custom textures for the trees and tiles. It will GREATLY improve the scene.

Also, FrIkY, if you ever need assistance with the terrain, I'd be glad to help.

Level 2
Decent campaign map :thumbs_up: I read through the description of the hero ,
how many hero we could actually use in a campaign out of 18 of them?
I hope there can be at least 3 , one wisdom , one might , and one dexterity :grin:

Some hero like hale the manaseeker doesn't seem to have many offensive skill. It will be kinda boring if the hero get more than enough of mana and no where to spend.Maybe you add a autocast spell base on "searing arrow" that can increase the damage output of this hero.
Btw did the mana drain can transfer mana to allies unit ?

Level 15
pls finish this map.I want 2 play this mapppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best map i ever see,gj man and gl.=)

Level 3
*drools* PANDAS! This looks really cool! I absolutely love pandas!

This is going to be my favorite campagin hands down:pcon:

Level 15
Where can i get this icons,spells and models.Can he give me his skins and icons 2 me.I really need them.And where is Freaky? Can some1 make models;icons and skins for me, plsss.Tell me if some1 can help me!!!!!

Level 15
Can some1 give me a link, where 2 find this panda spearman and this panda warrior (with 2 spears) and link with good PANDA icons ? =)

Level 13
Level 2
Very long thread, doubt I'd have the time read it all through so I don't know if someone has already suggested what I'm going to say...

Anyway, I'd like it if the you could change the trees to bamboo. If anything, Pandaria would probably resemble provincial China, so you should fill the terrain with bamboo forests and put in those really tall, almost tower-like mountains that are usually depicted in Chinese landscape paintings.

I'm kinda surprised Pike doesn't have a Spear Throw ability, kinda seemed like one of the obvious choices but that's probably just me.

I think Wind Walk should be changed so that the bonus damage is just minor. I mean, to make the Ninja's Stealth Attack be on even terms with it since they're pretty much the same ability except Stealth actually makes the Ninja move slower...

Status
Not open for further replies.