• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren ORPG [voodoo studios]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Voodoo Studios presents
Pandaren ORPG

NameDivision
Raven0-Lead designer
-Terraining
-Vjass
-GUI
M0rbid-2d art

Project Information
Pandaren ORPG is an huge Warcraft III mod that will focus on the never before explored Pandaren race of the Warcraft universe. Players will get the chance to unravel an intricate storyline, advance their character, and bring honor to the Thunderwater shao'din as they travel across the many regions of Pandaria.

198037-albums3932-picture37152.jpg

198037-albums3932-picture37226.jpg

198037-albums3932-picture37753.jpg

198037-albums3932-picture37752.jpg

Features

Graphical Features
- A custom Pandaren interface
- A 'world' map of Pandaria (viewable in-game)
- Full-screen Pandaren-themed GUI inventory and gear system
- A unique talent system in which players move around a massive "skill grid" that allows them to improve their character's stats, learn new abilities, and obtain special bonuses.

Class Features
- Custom character stats that add an extra dimension to hero customization
-----white magic
-----black magic
-----magic defense
-----magic critical
-----magic resilience
-----dodge
-----parry
-----melee critical strike
- Socketed items and purchasable enchants that allow players to customize their gear
- Abilities with cast times and cast-bars
- Floating-text supported combat that displays damage, crits, heals, debuffs, etc.
- Four dynamic classes that each performs a specific role and have custom-scripted abilities to support that role

Multiplayer Features
- Party system that allows players to group together and see eachothers health/mana bars
- 4-man dungeons and 8-man raids that contain dynamic boss fights, scripted events, dungeon quests, and valuable loot
- Several loot systems that allow parties to split up items and gear how they want
- A save/load system that allows players to save their characters and load into a major city or town

Game Features
- A wide-variety of quests with vastly different objectives and rewards, some of which feed into quest chains
- Scripted spell events that call upon custom SFX in order to create visually pleasing spells and abilities
- A chance to explore the beautifully crafted world of Pandaria by yourself or with some friends. Unravel the past and define the future of a part of Warcraft lore never before seen as you travel across Pandaria from a quiet Pandaren village to a bustling pirate port, from a misty swamp to a massive stone city, from the fiery depths of the Mithril Halls to the awe-inspiring floating isles of Gaia. Customize your character in every way imaginable, grow to level 50, obtain powerful gear, and secure your alliances - all in order to face and defeat the unknown darkness that has forced its evil shroud over the once peaceful land of Pandaria.

Current Progress

- Touching up the world map
- Working on Pandor and Jai'zin terrain
- Finishing touches on getdamage, channel, and floating text systems
Currently Looking For

- An exceptionally adept 2-d artist that can do/help with any of the following:
----- Minor UI modifications (XP bar, multiboard border, etc.)
----- Pandaren ORPG loading screen
----- Custom icons (as needed) that fit a certain theme in lighting, texture, tone, and quality
----- Re-textures/skins (specifically for Norinrads Pandaren Sage model as soon as I get permission)
Resources Needed

- Re-skin of Norinrads Pandaren Sage model (as soon as permission is received) to something other than dirt brown
- A link to the fire brewmaster model edit used in FrIkYs "Pandarne RPG'
- Loading screen
- Holy-fire effect (holy pillar slamming down from the above)

Terrain Screenshots

The terrain seen in these screenshots is currently under development and is far from finished.

Thaet, City of Kings (under construction)
Thaet - Bridge.jpgThaet - Throne Room Entrance.jpgThaet - Throne Room Interior.jpgThaet - Building.jpgThaet - Building2.jpgThaet - Construction.jpg

Thunderwater Village (under construction)
Thunderwater - Village.jpgThunderwater - Waterfall Cottage.jpgMountain - Stairs.jpgMountain - Altar.jpgThunderwater - Construction.jpg

198037-albums3974-picture37228.jpg

Last edited:
Level 13
Castle terrain doesn't blend well color wise may want to fix that or get a skinner.

Level 15
Well these are the 2-d art things I currently need done:

- XP-bar border modified to match the current custom UI
- Multiboard border modified to match the current custom UI
- Re-skin of the pandaren sage model (not sure to what yet, I just really hate the dirt brown texture)
- Create a pandaren-themed loading screen OR create a pandaren-themed logo

A good 2-d artist who can help with ANY of them would be more than welcome.

UPDATE:

- currently working on druid/sage abilities and talent trees

Level 15
You're more than good enough, i'll add you ^-^

I'll send you a copy of the map as soon as I can so you can get an idea of what i'm doing. If you have any questions or anything just pm me or make a post here.

Did you mean you can't do anything until after the 5th of November or you won't be able to do anything after the 5th of November?

Level 23
I won't be able to do anything until 5th of november because I am busy with an very important exam until that point, but after that, I can start working.

Thank you for adding me :)

EDIT: and I would love to start off with the loading screen then, if that is okay for you ;)

Level 15
Sounds great {^-*}

For the loading screen anything works as long as it is Pandaren-themed and looks good. I'd prefer not to do screenshots b/c it looks cheesy imo but if you think you can pull it off i'm alright with it.

I'm also o.k. with working off blizzard concept art (i.e. making a custom logo and putting it on top of the image) as long as you leave the artists name on the image and get me their alias so I can put it in the credits.

Level 15
No this project isn't dead, I just haven't posted in a while. I have finished the combat systems and I re-did the channel system so it nows shows an actual bar instead of just "| | | | | | | ". Also I am working on the Sage's skill grid and will post a screenshot tonight.

M0rbid, i'll send you everything i have tonight so you can see what i'm doing and know where the project is headed. Sorry to get it to you so late but i've been somewhat busy.

There's a guy called Dragonson, he's really awesome at 2D Art. He has a signature shop. Send him a PM.

I'll see if he's interested, thanks :)

Level 15
I want quality over quantity. Four hero's for each of the four combat types will work fine.

You have to understand that for each hero we're talking:
- skill grid or 3 talent trees
- custom effects
- custom icons
- 11 balanced, MUI, and perfectly-coded abilities
- stat bonus balancing for that class

It adds up, maybe once I am happy with how well these four heros are built and/or balanced I will add more.

Level 8
Jeeez dude, the terrain is gorgeous. Thats crazy. Are those all custom models you're using? How did you do get the water to do that in the throne room? it sure doesn't look like a waterfall doodad.

Level 17
I want quality over quantity. Four hero's for each of the four combat types will work fine.

You have to understand that for each hero we're talking:
- skill grid or 3 talent trees
- custom effects
- custom icons
- 11 balanced, MUI, and perfectly-coded abilities
- stat bonus balancing for that class

It adds up, maybe once I am happy with how well these four heros are built and/or balanced I will add more.

I could not agree with you more. Though I do not think adding more heroes is necessary, as playstyles may get repetitive. Eventually, you think you're creating great heroes, only to discover that you're replicating the playstyle of another class. If you ever do decide to expand on classes, expand on your current ones, like new abilities and giving players a choice in which abilities they have, etc.

Can't wait to play. ^.^

Level 21
Pandarens are so fucking awesome and I love you for making this. :3

Not in a gay way mind you, but damn this is so creative and well thought of.

Level 15
If you ever do decide to expand on classes, expand on your current ones, like new abilities and giving players a choice in which abilities they have, etc.

I totally agree. World of Warcraft has been out for over a decade now and they are still adding on to/improving upon it's classes.

but damn this is so creative and well thought of.

I'm taking a break from this project this weekend but I hope to continue work on the talent and inventory systems next week (I am bored w/ terraining atm ^-^)

Level 17
If I could terrain like you, I'd never get bored. =P

I was wondering - how far along is the map in terms of size? It is multiplayer (I'm assuming from the "features" tab), and yet it looks like you have quite a lot of imports and that the terrain is still underway.

Also, will players be going by airship to Gaia? On the world map, it looks as if you'd be going by sea to a floating island.

Level 15
If I could terrain like you, I'd never get bored. =P

Lawl, well it can get very tedious especially when you build things brick-by-brick (like the Thaet buildings). Still, sometimes you see things that get you inspired to do work on it (like when I saw Oziris's rock statues for you'r SoE).

I was wondering - how far along is the map in terms of size? It is multiplayer (I'm assuming from the "features" tab), and yet it looks like you have quite a lot of imports and that the terrain is still underway.

It's at 4.8MB atm but i've already imported the hero models/skins and the UI, plus I have lot's of terrain doodads I haven't used yet that I can export if needed. I don't know how much space the talent boards, inventory, and map will take up though :(

Also, will players be going by airship to Gaia? On the world map, it looks as if you'd be going by sea to a floating island.

I actually hadn't really thought about it. The dotted lines were only meant to represent long-distance travel paths and not necessarily the means by which you were being transported. I guess it would have to be an airship though wouldn't it? ^-^

Level 6
However generic pandarens may be in the community, I haven't seen a single mod about the race as main theme yet. Best of luck with the progression. I like what I've read about it, and the terrain look very quality.

*You may not recieve any message about that permission from norinrad, as he is unactive. (I'm actually waiting for a response from a year old message on wc3c, though I'm not concerned about the matter any longer.)

Level 15
First off let me apologize for not posting for a while, I have been taking a little break and working on an update to Cloudwolf's D3W.

I have decided to scrap the skill grid b/c after testing with it it's just too large and would kill the file size if I were to import four of them (even if I decreased the image quality). Thus I have decided to go with the more traditional WoW-like talent tree approach that I had originally intended to implement.

I'm sorry that I did not post here or ask you for informations, but it happened, that all of my computers did crash, but now finally I was able to fix them, and here I am back!

Glad to hear it. Just give me a heads up on if you decided to do the loading screen or something else and please feel free to put forth any ideas you have for the project ^-^

Holy shit... this map actually has potential. Can I join as a GUI triggerer? I want to make some spells, as this looks pretty promising. Proof of my skills - my GUI FSInv(which I hope you'll use).

Actually? Sure i'll add you to the list. I'm going to finish D3W over the next few days and then work on this full time. At which point let's discuss hero abilities, the inventory, talent trees, and hero design so we can get an idea of what were doing before we start triggering.

However generic pandarens may be in the community, I haven't seen a single mod about the race as main theme yet. Best of luck with the progression. I like what I've read about it, and the terrain look very quality.

*You may not recieve any message about that permission from norinrad, as he is unactive. (I'm actually waiting for a response from a year old message on wc3c, though I'm not concerned about the matter any longer.)

Thanks for the positive response. I figured as much as far as Norinrad goes :6

Level 3
Looks very promising indeed. I'll be tracking this thread till the actual game comes out and play the shit out of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.