• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
What makes you think that he update this when he is online?
FrIkY is doing much other things aswell, this isnt his only project, just take it easy and wait.
I am sure he is doing his best, but maybe he's just getting annoyed of all those comments?
I remember the orc texture pack he worked on, people keeped asking him all the time for months if he were going to update it, and he had already answered that question an insane amount of time.
Just let him do his thing and we will be fine.

Level 7
What makes me think that he upgraded the map?Silly question.Hewas online after so much time of no-online so i thought that he maybe onlined to say us an upgrade.So simple.

Level 34
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last posted in here... so, I got some good and bad news about the project. First good news is that the project hasn't failed, project isn't dead, I just stopped working on it. No, I delayed it for later, because we all know pandas are bears, and bears need to hibernate during winter, so... that's why I couldn't work on it (true reason is because I was busy, mainly with school). Other good news is that I have a small part of terrain for you to look at:

Terrain-1.png Terrain-2.png Terrain-3.png Terrain-4.png Terrain-5.png Terrain-6.png Terrain-7.png

You must keep in mind that these are still WIPs (works in progress) and it can be changed (plenty of times) before the map gets released. The bad news is that I won't work on it for another 3-4 weeks or so... after that time, my Spring vacation will start, which will last about 2-3 weeks, so I will have some time to work on the map. Oh and, I know, I promised you some info about the hero abilities, but you'll have to wait for it, maybe I'll post it tomorrow, or Friday, Saturday... who knows. :prazz:

Level 17
Ahh, so it was Mr. Goblin that made those command buttons :)
He really is good at making such things :3

And for the UI, i cant remember that the one on wc3c looked like that xD I guess i have just forgotten.

And yeah, the stones needs to be replaced, sadly i do not know where to find better ones.

Level 7
Pharaoh_ ok i wont think anything about this project until i post and comment to all lord of the rings models:p.Ok i posted in all i liked the name.Now i cant wait again xD.So I ask:did you and anything more?

Last edited:
Level 7
Can you please give us fans your ruff estimate of when you think this will be finished or when you want this to be finished by. I really like your work and am looking forward to playing this. This looks incredibly awesome!! XD Pandas FTW!! XD

Level 7
FrIkY feel free to put the druid's strong spell the name Panda form because Chinese wont kill you because i dont see any panda alive until this gets released...

Last edited:
Level 17
If you need any help at all to speed up updating the first post, I'm happy to join in. All you need is spell descriptions, right?

Level 17
=P I know, I know.

Just make sure you get some more screenshots of the terrain. Haven't seen any since those two you posted a little while back.

Level 1
Dammit! I was going to make a map like this!
Well, good luck to you, my friend. I'm sure this is going to be a great game. I honestly can't wait to play this. Do you think you could give me some tips? Or maybe I'll find something new that I could put into my RPG by playing this one? I suppose I'll just have to wait.

Level 5
He already mentioned he doesn't need help so there's no use to it, when I make a map I too will want to make it from scrach so you should try to understand him :)

Level 7
I'd like if FrIkY could make more about Pandaren RPG while he is on vacation...Hey guys come visit my profile I put albums with very good pics.

PICS OF MY ALBUMS ESPECIALLY THE AVATARS AND THE HALO RANKS,CREATURES AND CHARS ARE NOT FOR YOUR USE

Oh FrIkY if you want to put a Shodo Pan as someone who gives quests dont do it.Pandaria had once a Shodo Pan and from when he died there was no more Shodo Pans.Also happy Easter everyone!

Last edited:
Level 6
i tried to search for your panda (things) models and i couldnt find them so could you pls get them on there. :) thx + this level looks... fabulous!!!!!!!!! im going to download it after you finish so if you will finish then send me an email and again thx :).

Level 7
(FrIkY must chose,not you)What about making something for each char?For Chen for example lets put when he goes next to some certain trees a menu appears and got the question Do you want to gather the berries?If you chose yes the berries go in your invetory,if no nothing happens.Then you go to one village you buy a cauldron and you make ales.When you make all the ales you put all of them inside the cauldron and you make the best ale in the world.For others like snapshoter or warrior you take materials,you buy armorsmith work pack and you make waepons.After you make all of them you are a very good armosmith and you then make the best waepon.Anti-demon bow anti-demon blade.

Level 17
Are you talking about class-specific crafting skills or game mechanics? I think it would really siphon the "team aspect" (if any) from the game if there is a certain part of the game that might require endless grinding.

Though, come to think of it, I like the idea of each hero having its own game mechanic.

Level 5
Hey the ideas are nice!! But I would like them to be game mechanics, so there would be no need to think about specific ckills cause it would be hard.

Level 7
Well I thought that as usual no one could like this put it turned that you like it :psmile:
I wonder if FrIkY will like it too.

Level 17
I do not believe he is seeking out class-specific trades or skills, as the ones you have suggested encourage soloing a lot and this may ruin the team aspect of the game (if there is one).

Personally, I think game mechanics (the ones you suggested are class-specific crafts/trades) might make heroes more interesting.

Level 7
Maybe... we must remove the idea from all heroes expect brewmaster,snapshooter and warrior.Well its FrIkY's choise.Its his map,he decides,we give ideas,he picks what he thinks is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.