• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Friky if you want to be unique (im not 100% sure but ive never ehard maps actually aim for this) try to add someting that makes people rpely the game mroe then 3 times. This is rare in rpgs liek this when after you win thats it.

I suggest:
When beating the boss you ahve a 15% chanc eto unlock a hero(different for each boss) that is a pandaren replica of the boss. You could make quests which unlock optional areas. And after game quests which you have to activate in various areas of which youve come. Ill create a longer and mroe detailed list of my idea salter however may is ee the Alpha cause that will help alot.

Level 7
a long speech

Friky if you want to be unique (im not 100% sure but ive never ehard maps actually aim for this) try to add someting that makes people rpely the game mroe then 3 times. This is rare in rpgs liek this when after you win thats it.

I suggest:
When beating the boss you ahve a 15% chanc eto unlock a hero(different for each boss) that is a pandaren replica of the boss. You could make quests which unlock optional areas. And after game quests which you have to activate in various areas of which youve come. Ill create a longer and mroe detailed list of my idea salter however may is ee the Alpha cause that will help alot.

every one wants to be original some how
and your ideas aren't bad
but i personally think that if you want a good rpg to play many times you need to make it multiplayer
why?
because then someone can play it with friends and there can be roles in the team (tank,dps,healer/supporter)
witch is cool
also then people will try really hard to do instances/dungeons because you need teamwork in good instances/dungeons
also many levels is a good thing cause then people want to do quests to level up
a good rpg doesn't need to be open it needs to be not completely linear

anyway this is a good map with a lot of potential
(too bad you're school work takes your time, i understand you)

Level 30
It's true a good map can catch your attention and make them spend time on playing it but they will most likely play it over and over if its multiplayer. Though it should not be like all the other multiplayer maps some idiots post wehere there are 11 player slots.

I think max or so would be really nice :)

Level 3
I just cant wait till this comes out!
Im probably waiting for this to come out more than im waiting for the Prince of Persia movie.

Level 23
Looking through the pictures on the first page, I have some ideas you may or may not have thought of.

Spider Woods: Need webs. Its full of spiders, and has to look webby. Especially the closer to the den you get, and the den is covered in webs.

Blackfang: If he is a spirit-like being. Perhaps some special effects like a black haze rising from his body. Make him look even scarier :p [If he's a normal wolf, then no add-ons. Though, wolves DO come in packs :p] A game of "tag" with all the wolves as "it" as they stalk you through the forest :p (thick forest) Take the wolves out before confronting their leader :p Benifit to this is everything is shrunk down in a specified area, permitting more 'area' to move in, due to size. Ground can be covered in a tall grass so no one notices the spread tile as much :p

As for the forests, they ARE pandas, and thus, have bamboo, a lot of it :p Maybe there needs to be some bamboo fences :p

Level 23
This looks pretty awesome. Are you using my bamboo models / pandaren villager / female villager?

Edit: Aaah cool, I see at least my female villager and my bamboo being used in there. That's great, I always hoped they'd be used for a project like this! That really gives me a good feeling. :)

I had started up a Pandaren Campaign many years ago, but I never could continue working on it. If you want, i can ZIP up my unfinished work and give it to you? It includes a number of models you dont have yet, methinks.

Level 5
omg this is realy pure awesomnes, oh and pandas rule
now lets see I red the hole description and found that like atleast 65% of the heroes want to revenge someone killed by the demons but realy why do you have to risk your life against imposible ods to revenge some guy who was killed on the road and I mean the background of Hale the Seeker.

The variety of heroes is nice but the spells repeat much.

oh and REP + 5/5

THIS MAP IS PERFECT, NO REALY IT IS

Level 15
Fr1kY is dead?Man i didnt see him on hive...
Where is new skins?U started a cool series of new skins and stopped.xD

Level 34
No there isn't any beta, and yes I'll redo the WHOLE terrain, so don't worry about that. Also, I had an idea in my mind... what if I remove all those heroes and keep just... 6 of them? Would that be a good idea, or bad? I mean, it would be easier for me to balance the heroes, the whole map and to finish the map faster (even though that's a long way ahead, it won't be done untill summer, or end of summer...). And with less heroes, I could get more different kinds of spells and there would be no repeating in the spells... so, what do you think, 6 heroes or keep it this way?

Level 7
I suggest starting with 6 (or maybe 9) for the initial release. That way you won't burn yourself out. After release, you can release more heroes in updates to the rpg.

Not that I would complain if you kept your first plan for 18 heroes....

Level 7
You've summed it up perfectly for yourself.

Just do six (or nine!) for now. I would hate to see yet another promising project die due to high expectations..

Level 5
I think you should make them 12
yes I think 12 is perfect because if you have too much well you sed it thats a pain in the head and the spells are going to repeat and if they are 6 like somepeople sugest its going to be lame(think about it 2 heroes per type thats horible)
Oh and question how much time is the map ment to be played and why do you think the terrain sucks I think its nice but yes it would be better to redo it

MOST IMPORTANT SHORTEN NUMBER OF HEROES AND THINK ON THE SPELLS
REMOVE THE STUPID HEROES ( THAT WOULD BE HARD BECAUSE THERE ALL GREAT EXEPT 2 OR 3) AND KEEP THOSE WITH COOL MODELS AND NICE BACKGROUND

Level 5
I red all the replys and overall I think that Shodo-pan,Geomancer,
Drunk Boxer and maybe Manaseeker should be terminated

Level 34
I think I'll leave these:
Might:
- Brewmaster
- Sumo Wrestler
- Warrior
Wisdom:
- Geomancer
- Druid
- Manaseeker
Dexterity:
- Wardancer
- Shodo-Pan
- Ninja
- Wind Waker
- Pikeman

I'll also try to change the abilities as much as I can! I think I'll even remove the boring attribute bonus and instead of that, put some ultimate ability. I will also add non-hero abilities to each one of them... you know, the kind of abilities that normal units have. I will tend to make all the abilities different for each hero (Shodo-pan will have his own abilities now).

EDIT: I could also work more on their stories.
EDIT2: I decided that Shodo-Pan will take some other part ingame, like a leader of all pandarens or something... so I took Ninja instead.
EDIT3: Since there was some arguing about the ninja being called ninja, but should be called samurai, I removed the ninja and added Wind Waker instead. You can still look at his description on the first post.

Last edited:
Level 5
Nooo c'mon make them twelve please FrIkY, so much great heroes are going to be wasted.
At least promise me that you are going to update with heroes when time pasess.
I am one of your greatest fans I told my friends about the map and there all excited and want to play, I made your loading screen my desktop, I can't sleep literaly(how's literaly spelled anyway and how's spelled spelled :huh::pshock:)

You should include also Forest Guardian, Firecaller and Dragon Warrior
Oh and Shodo-Pan - questgiver its a good idea, you can make the unused heroes questgivers, yes that's a good idea.
Think about the people's will carefully FrIkY the balance is not invurnuble and you can't change that in the editor.

Last edited:
Level 34
Okay slake, later when the map is finished and finally released, I'll include more heroes in next versions/updates. Also, this is how they'll look like (note: only druid looks different):
brewmaster.png
sumowrestler.png
warriorf.png
manaseeker.png
forestguardian.png
geomancerj.png
windwaker.png
pikeman.png
wardancer.png

Last edited:
Level 5
very good FrIkY you have changed the stupid ninja and druid model
Lolz you have 3,003 posts and 815 rep and do remember that I give you rep every week.

Anyway about the questgivers, some info about that and I can help with stuf but you probably dont need help from noob's like me, after all you'r a pro.

Oh and I almost forgot that you should update the description of the game, after all you sed that there will be no attribute bonus and the new number of heroes

Last edited:
Level 5
yup but the old ninja model was lame and this is better but when I think about it now
Hey FrIkY you shoud change the ninja to a blademaster or samurai

Last edited:
Level 5
yup I was thinking about the same thing
crap- you changed the ninja model to something better but now that something isnt a ninja oh no
Hey 'yo' FrIkY, sup my man, ya wanna change tha ninja dude to a samurai Jack, cause the people of the hive want that and you don't want tha people to revolt man
OR DO YOU??

Level 5
lolz good scetching
Ok you have the map,the heroes,the new terrain is in progress and the creeps to.
Why is there a green lake or is it some yucky swamp??
And dont dare end the disscusion,the ninja has to be renamed to a samurai.

Last edited:
Level 49
slake, thought about the fact that the Burning Legion invaded Pandaria? You know, demons rain from the sky, the ground burns, huge, evil demon lords appearing and saying stuff like "Tremble, mortals, and despair! For DOOM have come to your world!"? So yeah, this is probably a 'corrupted' part of Padaria. And if FrIkY doesn't wants to change it to a Samurai, then he doesn't.

Level 5
do not mock me little Amani goblin
FrIkY IS HERE to be helped with the map and the map only gets better if only the comunity help's the map and like's it you ####
I am one of the hundreds waiting for this project that like it and want to help with it you #### so I sugest FrIkY renames the F****N ninja already because the model isn't a ninja

GOT IT ####

And as for the '"corupted" part of Pandaria,this also can be a swamp,because when I think about it,when Infernals rain down from the sky and the ground burns the lake's dont get green you ####

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Status
Not open for further replies.