• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
And what will be the point of removing all the skills except BrewMaster's,SnapShooter's and Warrior's?!

Pandaren RPG for the win!! ;D

Level 7
1st.Do you understand what I mean???2nd.I said that FrIkY must chose.

You just buy something and go next to a tree or you find something on ground,where's the spell?

Last edited:
Level 5
Furst:Uhm...no thou I understood you think that the only heroes that should have clas-specific skills are BrewMaster,SnapShooter and Warrior.

And I didn't say they are spells, I said that they are skills.

Level 7
OK...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Level 17
Who can wait for this?even FrIkY cant!

actually, everyone here can wait, or they would not be here anymore, right..

And please stop making this whole shit of useless posts :/
I know that you like the project and all but you do not have to sound like a noob by making a post like
OK.................................................................................................. .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............................................................
Just behave like a normal person and try to make useful posts insted.
it is getting annoying when there is new posts in the thread and it turns out thay you make a post like the one i quoted above..

Level 48
Pandaren_God, in contrast to a few people I know(not necessarily implying anything about you or in fact anyone from the Hive), I assume he has a life. And SC2 BETA. :p
I know you're 10 and all so that might be a little hard for you to understand, but actually, many of his free time goes to school-related stuff, according to what I *think* he told me some time ago. Think about it. You're actually asking every second hour about where is he, why there are no updates, why is he not posting anything, etcetera... But you don't even consider he might be busy with other stuff.

Level 7
OK but if you know say me if he returned.I dont mind if he did anything(expect if he did the whole map but thats imposible)

Last edited:
Level 34
Oh, just so you know everyone, I'll probably work on Pandaren RPG during summer vacation, which is in like... I dunno, 2-3 months from now probably. Don't expect any updates that soon and don't check this thread every day either. And as for you Pandaren_God, please... chill out, it's only a Wc3 map, you don't need be such a fan of it, there are plenty of other stuff that are greater than this (unfinnished) map. When it's done, you'll play it (perhaps even like it) and next week you'll be doing something else and (almost completely) forget about this map.

Level 17
Man, do you have to make all those responses in the thread all the time? It is seriously driving me crazy :S
50% of the times when it says new posts it is you that response =/
Cant you just say it in the profile or something >..<

Anyway, FrIkY, do you plan to swap to starcraft II after this?
Just wondering :3

Level 25
Man, do you have to make all those responses in the thread all the time? It is seriously driving me crazy :S
50% of the times when it says new posts it is you that response =/
Cant you just say it in the profile or something >..<

Anyway, FrIkY, do you plan to swap to starcraft II after this?
Just wondering :3

And you think THAT comment should be here and not in his profile or something? :hohum: ;)

Level 17
And you think THAT comment should be here and not in his profile or something? :hohum: ;)
Okay, so what is your problem?
I ask people to stop posting useless posts and you do that?
I did not want to make a visitor message to both FrIkY and that guy.
Not to mention that i actually asked FrIkY a question that is quite useful for everyone to know the answer of, as it can have an effect on the outcome of this map will be.

My post was actually useful comparing to yours and his becouse i asked a question and i just requested people to stop making those comments, and you come here and have to make it worse on purpose. Please, just stop it.

Level 25
There is absolutely no need to become so aggresive.
And i mostly meant "Anyway, FrIkY, do you plan to swap to starcraft II after this?
Just wondering :3"
And as you might notify, you, yourself asked if friky if he planned to swap to sc2 AFTER this, and by asking that, his answer to it would have absolutely no usefulness for this thread or project.
But whatever, i do not intend to begin an arguing, my comment was not meant in any rude or neither aggresive way.

Level 17
And as you might notify, you, yourself asked if friky if he planned to swap to sc2 AFTER this, and by asking that, his answer to it would have absolutely no usefulness for this thread or project.

Ofc it can have effect on the map.
If you do not agree on this, then you may not know how it is to be a modder.
Everything can have an effect on you no matter when or what.

Do you know for example Diablo 3 Warcraft? Well, after we decided that we would swap to sc2 we stoped almost entierly with the map and just did a few updates until it ended up with an unfinished canceled project.

I am asking him about starcraft 2 and if he is going to swap as that could very well slow down this project.

I have been modding for years now and i know how it is.
You probably think that you know how it is, but you wont know how it is until you are in the position.

I am asking FrIkY a quite important question and not to mention that i have known him for about a year now. I wanna know what happens you know.

Level 25
I am well aware of that if he changes to sc2 now, it will slow down or even stop this project completly, as i am well aware of interruptions outside wc3 WE when working on a project. But you asked if he was going to change to sc2 after this, and i thought you meant after he is done with this project. And if you didn't mean that, my apologies for my missunderstandings.

Level 34
What the duck is this I don't even... alright, listen... yes, I will switch to Sc2 modding, probably as soon as the game's out. There is a chance that I might stop working on this project, maybe even completely. But, there's also a chance that I will first finish whatever I started here and then pass onto Sc2 modding. Warcraft 3 is really getting old and Pandaren RPG will become a map that will only be played by maybe few hundred people, I don't know... it depends. What really frightens me is that I will have to stop working on it because I don't have enough skills in triggering, so I would have to "ask other people to make the map", in other words... have this guy do the quest triggers, this guy for cinematics, this guy for boss fights, this guy for spells, and so on... that's what I think is my biggest problem, I want to make the map perfect awesome, and for that I need great people to help me, but what's problem in asking great people? They are all busy, I mean... we are all busy, and when Sc2 will be out, many great people who have the required skills probably won't even want to help in a Wc3 project. All what I can really do with the map right now is: terrain it, plan stuff, make a story, make skins and icons and make enemy units. I made two or three triggers now, but they were all from a tutorial, so I didn't really create them myself. I tried creating a quest with a tutorial, but... man, that's like reading the Bible, 1 quest requires 9001 actions, conditions, whatever... that's GUI, let's not even start about Jass... people who know Jass really well... congratulations, you are awesome. So anyway... try not to expect too much from this project or that it's gonna be finished at all. Just... let me deal with this later, on Summer vacation, right now, go do something else.

Last edited:
Level 10
What the duck is this I don't even... alright, listen... yes, I will switch to Sc2 modding, probably as soon as the game's out. There is a chance that I might stop working on this project, maybe even completely. But, there's also a chance that I will first finish whatever I started here and then pass onto Sc2 modding. Warcraft 3 is really getting old and Pandaren RPG will become a map that will only be played by maybe few hundred people, I don't know... it depends. What really frightens me is that I will have to stop working on it because I don't have enough skills in triggering, so I would have to "ask other people to make the map", in other words... have this guy do the quest triggers, this guy for cinematics, this guy for boss fights, this guy for spells, and so on... that's what I think is my biggest problem, I want to make the map perfect awesome, and for that I need great people to help me, but what's problem in asking great people? They are all busy, I mean... we are all busy, and when Sc2 will be out, many great people who have the required skills probably won't even want to help in a Wc3 project. All what I can really do with the map right now is: terrain it, plan stuff, make a story, make skins and icons and make enemy units. I made two or three triggers now, but they were all from a tutorial, so I didn't really create them myself. I tried creating a quest with a tutorial, but... man, that's like reading the Bible, 1 quest requires 9001 actions, conditions, whatever... that's GUI, let's not even start about Jass... people who know Jass really well... congratulations, you are awesome. So anyway... try not to expect too much from this project or that it's gonna be finished at all. Just... let me deal with this later, on Summer vacation, right now, go do something else.

Actually, I can help you, the cinematics and quests were a problem for me but I learned how to make them, in fact, I think ima good triggerer

Level 15

Damn...You don't have a clue about triggering, huh?

I suggest you to read a few tutorials...don't expect to learn them or be an expert in a week or so...

It needs patience and you have to put a lot of try in it..

If you learn the basics i can assure you, you will be able to create everything you want.(Those trigger might have some bugs/problems but that's why we have the World Editor section..you can always post them there, someone will help you - or you can even ask one in the request section)

EDIT: FrIkY you have a lot of <<fans>> that i am sure that will help you with your project.

When you started it you had a lot of ideas, and i am sure you still do, just having problems making them come true.

Ask for help, and you will get it...you could use this same thread for it.

Last edited:
  • Quest Creation
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a (Req, Undis, Opt, Undis) quest entitled (Quest Name; can be colored) with the description (desc) and the icon (icon)
      • Set (Variable;Type=Quest) = Last Created Quest
      • Quest - Create a quest requirement for (last created quest) with the description (desc)
      • Set (Variable;Type=Quest Requirement) = Last Created Quest
      • Just remember to put it Quest Disc, Quest Update, Quest Comp messages and dont forget:
      • Quest - Mark Quest/Quest Req as Discovered/Failed/Completed

Level 3
I think quests might be important, and making all the components takes quite a while. I like to make a small new map to become familiar with a new aspect of world-editor , so when I tried to learn quests I made a tiny map with say 10 randomish quests in it, and that took about a whole day for me. Though I admit it is designed to be a multiplayer co-op map.
So you'll need to do that, or ask someone you trust to do it.
As for cinematics - they don't even need to be in there at all. In fact, a nice story is the best part of an RPG. If that alone is good and everything else crappy, then people will probably still look back on it after playing and say "that was good".

PS: i wish "only a few hundred" people played maps i make... Right now its probably under ten, haha.

Level 4

You can always pass the whole map of everything to another person who's willing to finish this project. I'm sorry about that everything's busy for you, but yeah, life sucks. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.