1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Pandarean Earthshaker v2.1

Submitted by Aspard
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This was my entry for hero contest two.

Here is the description from my submission post from Hero Contest:

Description
Main attribute: Strength
Background: The warrior of the snow beorn clan, which had become native to the earth itself. Dared to deepen into an ancient knowledge of the mother earth, he now easily manipulates any aspect of it, like earth, dirt, rocks and other. Can learn "Seismic Bounce", "Stone Skin", "Heavy Smash" and "Ground Fury".
Fitting: Should be placed into the neutral tavern among other heroes and Pandarean Brewmaster.
Abilities:
Seismic Bounce
Pandarean Earthshaker pushes off from the ground and makes three random jumps around the place. After each jump he generates a powerful stomp dealing damage to all nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 75 damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage.
Level 3 - 225 damage.

Stone Skin
The skin of targeted friendly unit becomes covered with a stone tissue, granting him additional armor. Every attacking unit will get a 21% chance to break his weapon for 4 seconds, decreasing his attack damage by 25%.
Level 1 - 3 bonus armor.
Level 2 - 5 bonus armor.
Level 3 - 7 bonus armor.

Heavy Smash(Passive)
Gives warrior a chance to make a massive stomp sending not just a target unit, but also all units behind, into the air, dealing an extra damage to all of them
Level 1 - 6% chance, 30 damage.
Level 2 - 12% chance, 60 damage.
Level 3 - 18% chance, 90 damage.

Ground Fury(Ultimate)
The hero starts dancing on one place, beating the boulders from the ground and throwing them at enemy units around him. Just after the start all the units in 600 AoE will be knockbacked from him. Each boulder deals 45 damage.
Lasts 15 seconds.

Channeling

Credits
Paladon: For his Knockback and Jumping systems.
WILLTHEALLMIGHTY: For his Dirt Explosion model.
JetFangInferno: For his Bubble model.
Anitarf: For his IsTerrainWalkable library (Fixed by Deuterium)
Xiliger: For creating easy GUI Damage Detection System for me

Here is the link to the submission thread (permalink to my post) where you can find description of the spells with icons and hero-icon: Pandarean Earthshaker

But don't download the map from the submission thread, but this one, cause I've improved it much :p

Requires JNGP to work, but can be checked easily w/o it!

Changelog
24.09.2009 - Update just after release: Removed most of the unneccesery stuff, fixed credits, made the ultimate channeling (found a but)
23.02.2010 - Improved the coding a bit, added some new variables to settings and fixed some mistakes in descriptions
03.03.2010 - Improved code much: there are no more Casting/Attacking/Attacked units; No events like "Unit is Attacked" (There is a Damage Detection now!); Remade the passive one spell into smth more interesting and eye-candy!

Thanks to NFWar for finding a very buggy mistake. ;)

Check my another spellpack also at:
Aspard Spell Factory Spellpack

Keywords:
Pandarean, Panda, Earth, Shaker, Ground, Jump, Knockback, Bounce, Seismic, Stone, Rock, Dirt, Sand, Defense, Strength, MUI, GUI, Hero
Contents

[HC#2]PandareanEarthshaker (Map)

Reviews
19:00, 9th Mar 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: The triggering looks good, I couldn't find any leaks, and the effects are ok. Could maybe make the jumping a bit smoother. Also, please use intervals of 0.04 or above and not 0.02. Status: Approved...
KILLCIDE
If you run into the "Cannot load map" error when attempting to test the map, try saving it first. Once it saves, try clicking on the test map button again.
  1. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you love him, you may hate me now :S

Omg moderator was so in rush by aprooving this spells. They have some bugs in recycling (meaby), group set (flying unit got hited by passive spell), animation height set and unpausing action. It bugs a lot of times. Also uly was throwing missiles to dead units.

Attached Files:

2. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What the? I'll look emmidiatly at it.

EDIT: I changed the position at which the Boolean is changes. I guess, it cause sometimes, that the boolean is changed, but further actions are not played, so the units are still paused or at 12-13 height. :)

Also removed flying units from the effect of an ability.

And about ulti hitting death targets - that's only in case, if the boulder has already been created for that unit and he died in this particular moment (In period of a 1.40 secs). I won't apply such a filter, which will switch the target for boulder, since if there won't be any target near, the boulder will still exist forever in the air :O Probably I can destroy them, if the target is dead, but that will look disappointing :(

Please, try to play again. I'm not definetily sure, that I fixed this bug with heights. And, please, next time, look at triggering also, not just "Maybe, probably" etc. If you know where the lack is - tell me.

3. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have almost no time to look at triggers. For now I found effect leaks and region use :eekani: in jump spell.

4. War_Golum

War_Golum

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    well done

5. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, you dont fixed pause problem fully. Also Heavy smash effect buildings? o_O if yes, so it effect very wier, I attack graveyard and ziggurat have effect on it o_O
    Jump System 2 trigger is loop and was ON from start...

Attached Files:

6. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ahaha :) This skill was better before redone, but less interesting and unique. I have an idea, why it bugs sometimes, I'll look later today at it. Thanks for review.

EDIT: Yes! I found a mistake. For those, who are interested: That was a glitch of Damage Detection System. Since it doesn't detect "Damage Type", all units, who has been in area of effect of the spell and has been damaged by it had a possible chance to trigger the spell again, running probably next one "Index" and afterall "Two Indexes" for one unit stopped him at the same point in the air. Fortunately, the bug is solved.

Talking about the leaks you have found - they are not leaks :) Don't use LeakCheck please ^^

Updated!

7. NFWar

NFWar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Shuld I test it again? Leaks that I was talking about is not leaks for real...
    it is just actions of clearing those was toooo way far ^^ no leaks here.
    Will it work... that is da question :p Will test it soon.

8. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When i try to load the map on the world editor it opens up warcraft 3 but then says cannot load map

9. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you run into the "Cannot load map" error when attempting to test the map, try saving it first. Once it saves, try clicking on the test map button again.