1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The long-awaited results for Concept Art Contest #11 have finally been released!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hivers united and created a bunch of 2v2 melee maps. Vote for the best in our Melee Mapping Contest #4 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Pandarean Earthshaker v2.1

Submitted by Aspard
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This was my entry for hero contest two.

Here is the description from my submission post from Hero Contest:

Description
Main attribute: Strength
Background: The warrior of the snow beorn clan, which had become native to the earth itself. Dared to deepen into an ancient knowledge of the mother earth, he now easily manipulates any aspect of it, like earth, dirt, rocks and other. Can learn "Seismic Bounce", "Stone Skin", "Heavy Smash" and "Ground Fury".
Fitting: Should be placed into the neutral tavern among other heroes and Pandarean Brewmaster.
Abilities:
Seismic Bounce
Pandarean Earthshaker pushes off from the ground and makes three random jumps around the place. After each jump he generates a powerful stomp dealing damage to all nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - 75 damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage.
Level 3 - 225 damage.

Stone Skin
The skin of targeted friendly unit becomes covered with a stone tissue, granting him additional armor. Every attacking unit will get a 21% chance to break his weapon for 4 seconds, decreasing his attack damage by 25%.
Level 1 - 3 bonus armor.
Level 2 - 5 bonus armor.
Level 3 - 7 bonus armor.

Heavy Smash(Passive)
Gives warrior a chance to make a massive stomp sending not just a target unit, but also all units behind, into the air, dealing an extra damage to all of them
Level 1 - 6% chance, 30 damage.
Level 2 - 12% chance, 60 damage.
Level 3 - 18% chance, 90 damage.

Ground Fury(Ultimate)
The hero starts dancing on one place, beating the boulders from the ground and throwing them at enemy units around him. Just after the start all the units in 600 AoE will be knockbacked from him. Each boulder deals 45 damage.
Lasts 15 seconds.

Channeling

Credits
Paladon: For his Knockback and Jumping systems.
WILLTHEALLMIGHTY: For his Dirt Explosion model.
JetFangInferno: For his Bubble model.
Anitarf: For his IsTerrainWalkable library (Fixed by Deuterium)
Xiliger: For creating easy GUI Damage Detection System for me

Here is the link to the submission thread (permalink to my post) where you can find description of the spells with icons and hero-icon: Pandarean Earthshaker

But don't download the map from the submission thread, but this one, cause I've improved it much :p

Requires JNGP to work, but can be checked easily w/o it!

Changelog
24.09.2009 - Update just after release: Removed most of the unneccesery stuff, fixed credits, made the ultimate channeling (found a but)
23.02.2010 - Improved the coding a bit, added some new variables to settings and fixed some mistakes in descriptions
03.03.2010 - Improved code much: there are no more Casting/Attacking/Attacked units; No events like "Unit is Attacked" (There is a Damage Detection now!); Remade the passive one spell into smth more interesting and eye-candy!

Thanks to NFWar for finding a very buggy mistake. ;)

Check my another spellpack also at:
Aspard Spell Factory Spellpack

Keywords:
Pandarean, Panda, Earth, Shaker, Ground, Jump, Knockback, Bounce, Seismic, Stone, Rock, Dirt, Sand, Defense, Strength, MUI, GUI, Hero
Contents

[HC#2]PandareanEarthshaker (Map)

Reviews
19:00, 9th Mar 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: The triggering looks good, I couldn't find any leaks, and the effects are ok. Could maybe make the jumping a bit smoother. Also, please use intervals of 0.04 or above and not 0.02. Status: Approved...
KILLCIDE
If you run into the "Cannot load map" error when attempting to test the map, try saving it first. Once it saves, try clicking on the test map button again.
  1. 19:00, 9th Mar 2010
    The_Reborn_Devil:
    The triggering looks good, I couldn't find any leaks, and the effects are ok. Could maybe make the jumping a bit smoother. Also, please use intervals of 0.04 or above and not 0.02.

Rating: Useful

2. Demongrip

Demongrip

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I have already seen this spell pack and I can say it`s very good but it`s now submitted in the spell secion so I think imports are unnecesarry

3. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, the spell ideas are based on these imports, so they could stay. For example, bubble model (which is used as a shield) doesn't have any analogues. Changing the aura model will spoil the view also and the last but not the least - explosion models are really poor in the WC3, but that's really one model I could accept is useless - Dirt Explosion :)

Talking about icons... well, I used as few custom icons as it was possible. There is aldo no any single analogue for the spells, I had to make passive and auto-cast icons to stay in WC3 style.

Overall I can say, that if this is a fully created hero (even from hero contest) than it has it's right to exist with all models and icons imported, especially there are not too many of them ;)

4. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try using inggame effects.
    You should minimize imports to as few as possible.

5. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Maybe any other comments except trying to tell me I'm breaking the rules? ;) I still treat these as a neccesary content.

6. Demongrip

Demongrip

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well as I said I have seen your hero before and your spells are pretty good,your ultimate is even an example how to make a channel spell stop when the caster is stunned or moves.I think StaberFire`s Gale Vortex and my big bang spell channeling use the same triggers as this one so on triggering I can`t say anything bad.I specially like the first spell(when he jumps),but still the imports...333 kb of spellmap..well you should remove some of them if you can`t remove all of them :)
    Otherwise 5/5 from me

7. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think, I can remove all the imported icons... Yeah, it'll spoil the total view of the hero, but wtf, people that need this particular hero could find icons themselves... I didn't manage to find any good explosions in game, bad ;( Ehh... I'll try to delete most of the imported stuff... Thanks for warm words :p

EDIT: Updated.

For those, who is going to argue more about the imports: total weight of imports is 33 kbs, so other 212 are part of the spells or object editor work.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  8. troylowyee

troylowyee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice Spells

9. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I would really appreciate, if those who download the spellpack would leave some comments. There were 15 downloads already today, but noone left a single post.

10. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well what I can say, it looks nice. And by the way, it doesn't need JNGP to work.
    I'll give it 3/5, vote for approval.

If you really do want me to review this spell, ask me.

11. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Just for interest - why 3? Not 4 at least? :)

And it DOES need JNGP for the IsTerrainWalkable library, which is used to prevent bugs for Seismic Bounce.

12. watermelon_1234

watermelon_1234

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You could post the codes of your spells, if it isn't too troubling.

I tested this spellpack a long time ago, so I'm not sure if it's still like this but here's my mini-review:

Seismic Bounce:
    Nice effects, probably my favorite spell of this pack. However, the hero sometimes jumps to a really far-off place. (This probably has to do with being too close to the water.)
    Suggestion: Make the jumping less random. (Ex: Have the spell be a targeting image spell and the jumping limited to that area.)

Stone Skin and Heavy Smash:
    Kind of bad since both rely on
    • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Stone Skin was kind of meh as it was basically a modified Inner Fire. Heavy Smash seemed like a custom Bash to me, so the effects weren't too pleasing.
    Suggestion: Allow Stone Skin's attack damage reduction to scale up with level. That would make it more interesting, but probably would need hashtables.

Ground Fury:
    Opinion: The effects conflict with each other. (Knocking back a unit makes it harder for the rocks to hit them.)
    The description and the name also conflict with each other. ("dancing" and "Fury")

Edit: Redownloaded the pack and most of my comments still seem valid.

Use Triggering unit instead of Casting unit.

Some other opinion: I found the commenting kind of annoying but were good for explaining what was happening.

13. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    3 Is moderate rating for a spell. I would prolly rate it 3.25 but since that doesn't exist in hive, I can't do it.

And no... It doesn't need JNGP to test the map, and you could have done this spell fully with GUI, you shouldn't have used JNGP at all. There's no use for it, every function is found from normal World Editor.
    Where do you need IsTerrainWalkable... You needed it to find if a terrain is water, or for ground? - A GUI Condition is for that and that is:
    • (Terrain pathing at (Center of (Playable map area)) of type Floatability is off) Equal to True (OR False)

//Yes I edited that condition there

Anything else to ask?

14. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It still can bug if the target point will be somewhere on the mountain or wall ;)
    And for test JNGP isn't required, but somebody will probably want to use it.
    Anything could be tested w/o JNGP, the problems come during saving. Maybe we shouldn't write that JNGP is requires at all?

15. Cihparg

Cihparg

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It just needs some more condition checks, but well, ofcourse you can use JNGP, if it seems like it is easier.
    You could write this:
    JNGP Related
    Map|Spell Testing doesn't need JNGP
    Map|Spell Saving does need JNGP

16. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Updated with most of your suggestions implemented. :) Thanks to watermelon_1234 especially for his quite good review from which I decided to use Damage Detection System to make the hero really good at part of coding :p No more Casting units also.

Marked, that testing the hero doesn't require JNGP specially for OffGraphic :)

17. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The vJass terrain check libary is far better than coding it in GUI also easier as it's pre-coded.

18. calex3

calex3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Was my favorite on contest ;))) nice one +rep

19. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot. At last it's approved :) I love you, Reborn Devil ^.^