• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

old orc frostwolf.BLP

I was looking through the warcraft models to see anything fit to skinning, then the idea struck me, an orc shaman from an ancient of lore?! Eggcellent. I immediatly began the work on the model and after the face was done the hard job began. As Blizz is lazy, they make so many parts of the model use the same skin so they do not have to do so much work. That skinning method may be good for trees, but not for old gnarly orcs with clothes on! Well, this is what turned out, my second skin. The first one got rejected, but i think i might turn back to it and make it good enough to approval.

Hope you like it! If you use it in a map, please give credit and give me a hint when the map is done so i can try it out!

Keywords:
Orc, Frostwolf, Frostwolf orc, Ancient, of, Lore, Ancient of Lore, Tree, Mage, Shaman
Contents

Frostwolf Shaman (Texture)

Reviews
14:47, 19th Feb 2009 THE_END: This is awesome, I absolutely love this idea. Great great creative stuff you got going on. Hope to see more ^_^

M

14:47, 19th Feb 2009
THE_END: This is awesome, I absolutely love this idea. Great great creative stuff you got going on. Hope to see more ^_^

Before we begin:My suggestion-Make it a model.
I dunno if this is your first or something..but i didn't like it...The face is just too wrong,body too short,staff not like the ones the Frostwolf would have(since they actually DIDN'T USE staffs),the texture is a bit too simple,and the model needs much fixing..The Frostwolf were normal orcs,that used normal weapons-not Staves,so please change the weapon to a sword (or like the Shaman claws).I don't think that this will be accepted at its current state,though you may hope it will ;)

Anyway my overal rating is 2/5

Level 26
I dunno if this is your first or something..but i didn't like it...The face is just too wrong,body too short,staff not like the ones the Frostwolf would have(since they actually DIDN'T USE staffs),the texture is a bit too simple,and the model needs much fixing..The Frostwolf were normal orcs,that used normal weapons-not Staves,so please change the weapon to a sword (or like the Shaman claws).I don't think that this will be accepted at its current state,though you may hope it will ;)

this is 1 of the best Ancient of Lore skins ever-.-
And your points are bad cause just because the model does not have a Frostwolf orc shape or the staff does not look like a frstwolf staff it does not deserve a 2/5.

The texture is freehanded, it has shading and is creative.

4/5

Level 8
What a...? You're a genius! 5/5 for the idea :O

One question, why did u uploaded an original skin ??? :O Upload the modified one ;)

Ok enough with pros, time for some cons:
Although I haven't seen the modified skin (only this screen on the model) I see lots of CnP there (face is very similar to peon's, forstwolf crest from wow, beard also looks familar - but i have to check when i see the SKIN) . However as for now i can still give u 5/5 cause it's so genial idea :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Nice work, the Ancient of Lore is a tough texture because of it's crappy UV placement.

My only concern would be lack of definition in some areas (hat, parts of the leg, the "pegs" protruding from back).

Also, the muscles on the legs and arms look strange, but totally understandable. Blizzard texturing is lazy as can be.

Level 6

FYI the frostwolves were outcasted and lived in the alterac mts and the didnt have a ready suply of metal, and mabye thats a shaman, if so it drek'thar, he used a staff, and so did thrall until orgrim doomhammer died and gave thrall his hammer.

Level 10
Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery well done. :thumbs_up: But to me, the green is abit to... Green? I meen, i think orcs should be more yellow-lime-green. ^-^ But that's maybe just me... Anyways. I'll rate it 5/5 and rep+ you because it's simply amazing how you turned a tree into a orc. :grin:

Level 1
:eekani:Wow, interesting... I don't like it's face, but the cape is simply great.
Rating: 3/5

Last edited: