• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Obama vs Mccain???

Who do you want to win?

• Mccain, Palin

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Obama, Biden

Votes: 87 82.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
you guys should go on warcraft 3 and join one of the "mccain or obama" chats, they get pretty intense. untill someone spams "palin is hot!" or somthing.

and it seems like the younger generations lean twords obama and democratic views.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Obama seems to be the kind of president who will not start wars like bush did. I think he would be a break for the world to let gorge bush's damage repair.

Macain on the other hand might not repair gorge bushs work and might continue it.

Thus Obama I have no idea what the hell he will do as president, but I believe it will atleast be something better than what Macain would do.

Level 7
I find this really annoying... everywhere i go when people ask who should be president, everyone only puts up McCain and Obama. What about Burr and Nader? So they don't have a chance, their still canidates!

But if I must choose, McCain... Though I would Prefer McCain/Bidden instead of McCain/Palin.... lol

Level 27
What about Burr and Nader? So they don't have a chance, their still canidates!
I don't believe you understand the point of candidates outside of the two main presidential nominees.
I don't feel like making a long explanation, so here's a quick summary.
2 candidates locked in war over presidency.
3rd (or more) candidate(s) come in and declare both sides have lost sight of the important values, and that they will ensure that said values are dealt with properly should said third candidate be elected.
Both parties, eager to grab the moderate votes who may go for the third party, quickly adopt these policies.
In other words, they simply catalyst the (seemingly) better change for both parties.
---
I'd be in a rural area.
That would explain it.
--donut3.5--

Level 11
lol, "The neighborhoods are safe we walk down the streets with no body armor".
next clip: "McCain's deligation was guarded with American soldiers, with three with three black-something helicopters and two something gunships, up ahead."
LOL!!

McCain:"General goes after almost everyday in an unarmed umv."
McCain next clip:"Im not saying that they could go without protection:.
LOL!!

Level 26
I don't believe you understand the point of candidates outside of the two main presidential nominees.
2 candidates locked in war over presidency.
3rd (or more) candidate(s) come in and declare both sides have lost sight of the important values, and that they will ensure that said values are dealt with properly should said third candidate be elected.
Both parties, eager to grab the moderate votes who may go for the third party, quickly adopt these policies.
In other words, they simply catalyst the (seemingly) better change for both parties.
..and what the hell, Ron Paul isn't even on the ballot :p
Sure writing in is an option, but a very futile one at that.
--donut3.5--
I don't believe you understand the point of voting.
2 people are bored and have nothing to talk about.
A 3rd person comes in and talks about how much he cares about his country because he expects that, out of the billions of people in his country, his vote will play a pivotal role in the success of the person he supports.
Both people, eager to get stuff to argue with one another about, adopt bullshit views and cast their votes in the ballot.
In other words, voting is simply something to pass our time was our country steadily makes its way towards destruction.

The uselessness of the third party is a paradigm that the world has adopted. The purpose of the modern-day third party is to persevere through these hard times in hopes that one day, they will drop this illusion of two parties and invite a more open-minded democracy. Sure, the independents and third parties are far from winning an election. But the more people who vote for them, the bigger the message. And the bigger the message, the sooner we will come to breaking down the wall that separates blue and red from the rest of the spectrum.

I'm not saying you should be biased for the third parties. Hell, if Ron Paul became the republican candidate, I would probably be too busy carving his name on my arm in admiration to write this. I'm saying "Let nothing stand in the way of voting for who you think should lead your country."

Level 27
I don't believe you understand the point of voting.
Apparently more than you do :p
2 people are bored and have nothing to talk about.
There's a lot more people than two. And if you think the future is nothing to talk about, you have a very sad future ahead of you.
In other words, voting is simply something to pass our time was our country steadily makes its way towards destruction.
See, the point of voting is to show what the people think wont lead our country to destruction. If you find voting this useless, I'm not sure why you're even arguing about it :p
The uselessness of the third party is a paradigm that the world has adopted.
I never said they were useless.
The purpose of the modern-day third party is to persevere through these hard times in hopes that one day, they will drop this illusion of two parties and invite a more open-minded democracy.
No, not really. Third parties are hardly that glorious. They just believe they're the best candidate, like the main two parties. They aren't trying to break political boundaries any more than the main two parties. They're just trying to carve them so their name fits smugly into them.
And the bigger the message, the sooner we will come to breaking down the wall that separates blue and red from the rest of the spectrum.
So then we get a wall which separates <color x> from <color y>. Unless we get another Era of Good Feelings, which hardly lasted any time at all. See, even if one of the main parties collapsed, another would emerge. There will pretty much always be two main parties who will combat to the death, and split our country. It has happened fairly consistently since the beginning of our country (Federalists vs. Democratic Republicans, Democratic Republicans vs. Whigs, Democrats vs. Republicans), and it wont change, no matter who is elected.
I'm saying "Let nothing stand in the way of voting for who you think should lead your country."
Even though you claim it's all useless? Oh well, not bad advice to live by.
--donut3.5--

Level 11
We all know he is.

YouTube - John Mccain - If You're Thinking of Voting For This MORON... Honestly, if that video doesn't get through to some McCain supporters, nothing will.

well if we are just gonna post up youtube videos that make the other canidate look bad..

YouTube - Obama will Gut the Military here Obama tells us how he is going to weaken the crap out of the United States armed forces.

YouTube - Obama Is a Moron and here Obama completly falls apart as he has no teleprompter to read from.

Level 13
First one: Some of that I agree with, some I don't. Disarming the bombs is a bad bad idea, although part of me believes the government won't let him, remember the Cold War? "We'll disarm our bombs if you disarm yours"? We never really disarmed ours.

Second one: That was actually pretty funny. But I'm pretty sure whenever Bush does a speech, he has a teleprompter. McCain or Palin does a speech they have a teleprompter.

And comparing mine to yours. At least Obama isn't lying all the time.

Level 11
on the second one yeah i know, im sure McCain has messed up before too. its tough talking to thousands of people. the point of the videos was that you can go online and find anything that "if this doesnt make you like (whichever canidate), then nothing will".

and umm your saying that obama hasnt lied? or that because of 1 thing McCain lies all the time? hmm

Level 26
Apparently more than you do :p

There's a lot more people than two. And if you think the future is nothing to talk about, you have a very sad future ahead of you.

See, the point of voting is to show what the people think wont lead our country to destruction. If you find voting this useless, I'm not sure why you're even arguing about it :p
It was sarcasm to parallel your argument.
I never said they were useless.
No, but the "icing on the cake" purpose you have for them is just going to flush possible improvements for elections down the drain.
No, not really. Third parties are hardly that glorious. They just believe they're the best candidate, like the main two parties. They aren't trying to break political boundaries any more than the main two parties. They're just trying to carve them so their name fits smugly into them.
Of course that's not the purpose they have in mind. I'm saying that's a purpose we can give them.
So then we get a wall which separates <color x> from <color y>. Unless we get another Era of Good Feelings, which hardly lasted any time at all. See, even if one of the main parties collapsed, another would emerge. There will pretty much always be two main parties who will combat to the death, and split our country. It has happened fairly consistently since the beginning of our country (Federalists vs. Democratic Republicans, Democratic Republicans vs. Whigs, Democrats vs. Republicans), and it wont change, no matter who is elected.
Elections always boil down to two or so candidates. However, 2 dominating parties are something people can do without. They use the safety of parties as if thinking for themselves is too much of a task. My idea is rather idealistic. That's obvious. However, pursuing it will aid at least the potential for better presidents.
Even though you claim it's all useless? Oh well, not bad advice to live by.
--donut3.5--
Again, sarcasm here.

Level 27
I'm saying that's a purpose we can give them.
We could give any candidate that purpose. Hell, Obama has even been saying he's trying to accomplish that. Will it happen? No.
No, but the "icing on the cake" purpose you have for them is just going to flush possible improvements for elections down the drain.
I don't think that improvements for further elections will really be dictated by 3rd party candidates.
Elections always boil down to two or so candidates. However, 2 dominating parties are something people can do without. They use the safety of parties as if thinking for themselves is too much of a task. My idea is rather idealistic. That's obvious. However, pursuing it will aid at least the potential for better presidents.
True, but as you noted, it's idealistic. I see where you're coming from, but it lacks a general structure to work.
--donut3.5--

Level 11
lets hope this is one of the times when obama was lieing
YouTube - Obama, Reasons why soldiers don't like him in 52 seconds

sure that sounds mostly good, except for the frighting-chill down my spine part where he says he will cut investments in missile defense systems (that have yet to prove themselves), not weaponize space (because if we dont do it nobody will duh), and slow the development of war technology that keeps us at the top. btw no matter what president we have, more war will eventually come to america. and thankfully obama will make sure everyone is on the same playing field (maximizing casualties). thanks barrack!

seriously this is mad scary except where he will "try" to slow down the nucleur advancements and the thing with russia, those are good goals. but everything else omg, he serious?

Last edited:
Level 27
lets hope this is one of the times when obama was lieing
YouTube - Obama, Reasons why soldiers don't like him in 52 seconds

sure that sounds mostly good, except for the frighting-chill down my spine part where he says he will cut investments in missile defense systems (that have yet to prove themselves), not weaponize space (because if we dont do it nobody will duh), and slow the development of war technology that keeps us at the top. btw no matter what president we have, more war will eventually come to america. and thankfully obama will make sure everyone is on the same playing field (maximizing casualties). thanks barrack!

seriously this is mad scary except where he will "try" to slow down the nucleur advancements and the thing with russia, those are good goals. but everything else omg, he serious?
Good lord is all you think about war?
We have a much larger issue at hand, the economy. If we cut spending in missile defense systems, as there is currently very minimal threat of missiles attacking us, then maybe we could slowly dig ourselves out of this shithole of an economy Bush laid upon us.
Priorities first. Sure advanced military technology is nice and all, but if you're getting fucked up the ass domestically, there's no way you could hope to gain an international foothold. Who cares if we have a great military if the common people are going destitute? This isn't a bloody RTS or some shit, there are more important matters than war.
So maybe you see another area to cut. Education? Yeah, fuck over the future. Healthcare? Yeah, fuck over those who need it. I honestly can't think of any other major area which could get budget cuts and not fuck the people over besides military.
Now, I'm not saying we should disband our military and dump everything into our economy. I'm saying that we have to make slight sacrifices to put the top priorities like education first.
--donut3.5--

Level 36
Yeah, 11 trillion dollars worth of debt wont disappear by getting more missiles, dude. Nobody cares about the military anymore, it's a shithole and it should stay that way. There are more important things for the US to be doing than throwing away all it's money overseas.

Level 27
Who cares if we have a great military if the common people are going destitute? This isn't a bloody RTS or some shit, there are more important matters than war.
You don't know that. Our entire universe could be just a game to some advanced creatures beyond out imagination.
Suppose this is an RTS.
We still need to have money or we lose. If we don't use our resources wisely, we lose the game. Go play melee on Battle.net if you don't believe me. Resources are critical.

That's why I'm voting for Ron Paul. Neither of the "official" candidates has any clue or plans on what to do about the economy, which is what most Americans think is the biggest problem, and that's all Ron Paul would ever talk about. Every question asked went back to the economy, because that's where most problems are coming from.

If we don't have money, how do you expect us to solve any other problems?

We're screwed if we go for either McCain or Obama.

Ron Paul or bust.

Level 27
That's why I'm voting for Ron Paul. Neither of the "official" candidates has any clue or plans on what to do about the economy, which is what most Americans think is the biggest problem, and that's all Ron Paul would ever talk about. Every question asked went back to the economy, because that's where most problems are coming from
It's all a matter of opinion. Both candidates know what they're going to do about the economy, and they know what they think is best for the economy. Whether it actually is what's best for the economy is pretty much what many people are voting on.
Go play melee on Battle.net if you don't believe me.
I never played melee D:
We still need to have money or we lose. If we don't use our resources wisely, we lose the game.
Precisely my point.
You don't know that. Our entire universe could be just a game to some advanced creatures beyond out imagination.
Nah, this world as an RTS would suck. You'd have to deal with way too much, and there aren't enough ragdoll physics in the world for it to be entertaining.
--donut3.5--

Level 11
well i was only talking about the military. if i went on about the economy i would have to write twice as much as it is just as important if not more then important (probably more) then the military. but i just stumbled on the video and felt like i might as well share it. however i have serious doubts on McCain winning anyways as every news station reports Obama leading by atleast 3% so im not too confident in my "canidate". but just know my reasons for McCain go far beyond his military views opposed to Obamas.

Level 27
well i was only talking about the military. if i went on about the economy i would have to write twice as much as it is just as important if not more then important (probably more) then the military. but i just stumbled on the video and felt like i might as well share it. however i have serious doubts on McCain winning anyways as every news station reports Obama leading by atleast 3% so im not too confident in my "canidate". but just know my reasons for McCain go far beyond his military views opposed to Obamas.
You can't talk JUST about the military and not expect discussions of the economy to be brought up. Everything is fairly tied together.
--donut3.5--

Economy is more important than military and US still earmarks way much more money than every one country does, even they cut it to half, they will still have the largest percent of GDP investing in the military. So you don't really have to worry here.

Level 34
Yeah, probally will be, since the votes will be a lot less since they *ahem* forget the votes of the hispanics, negroes, asian people and any other not-white* group in America. If you get my drift.

* Not to be meant racist

Actually, I think a lot of black people will show up to vote, and not to be racist or suggest anything, I think that it could tip the scales, I mean we don't know for sure but being that a black candidate has never gotten this far... in the elections, but then again a woman ie Palin, hasn't either... Well we'll all know by tomorrow or the day after

Status
Not open for further replies.