• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Obama vs Mccain???

Who do you want to win?

• Mccain, Palin

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Obama, Biden

Votes: 87 82.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Although imo Obama should win, it is a risk to have him as president, people already plotted dark plans to assassinate him, and he's not even president yet.

Every single president that comes into office theres "plans" to assassinate them.

Macaine has experiance? So what, doesn't mean Obama doesn't know anything, Mcaine being a prisoner of war has nothing to do with this. Obama is richer, hes spent way more, and handled his campaign a LOT better then Mcaine, thats a simple fact, Obama has had more money to buy more advertisments, And Obama can simply run a Campaign better, Despite the amount of money he has.

I think Obama will win, and I think he should. Mcaine really is like Bush, not exactly like him, but he shares prett ymuch the exact same ideas, and all it is, is another 4 years of the 8 years we have had. Not only should it be the Demo's turn, Obama is BLACK, That is a big deal, the first black president, or the first real old guy? Pick your choice lol. Obama does have Experiance, maybe not prisoner of war crap but he has experiance, and he knows what hes talking about Though what they say really means nothing anyway, because its congress that runs things, not the president lol.

Last edited:
Level 27
I stopped reading after he said "McCaine".
Actually I didn't. I felt like picking the argument to pieces.
Most of what he said is total bullcrap, although I agree with some of it.
I think both candidates ran a pretty shitty and negative campaign, and I personally hated it. I'll be glad just to see Obama emerge victorious (which he will, given that he got Ohio) and to see all this negative BS done and over with. I think Obama is a much better person than that, McCain as well. They were both sucked into the political media game, which was dumb.
What you said about it being the Demo's turn:
The democrats DO have their turn. Do you blindly ignore the Senate? They're taken control of it pretty well, which is probably even more influential than presidency.
Secondly, voting for him just because he's black is just as retarded as voting for him just because he isn't black.
Anyways, as I stated before, Obama's got this election, given that he got Pennsylvania AND Ohio, two of the key states. I'm fully behind this nomination, as I see him much more fit as a president, experience or not, as well as Biden being INFINITELY times more superior as a VP than Palin.
--donut3.5--

Level 12
Actually I didn't. I felt like picking the argument to pieces.
Most of what he said is total bullcrap, although I agree with some of it.
I think both candidates ran a pretty shitty and negative campaign, and I personally hated it. I'll be glad just to see Obama emerge victorious (which he will, given that he got Ohio) and to see all this negative BS done and over with. I think Obama is a much better person than that, McCain as well. They were both sucked into the political media game, which was dumb.
What you said about it being the Demo's turn:
The democrats DO have their turn. Do you blindly ignore the Senate? They're taken control of it pretty well, which is probably even more influential than presidency.
Secondly, voting for him just because he's black is just as retarded as voting for him just because he isn't black.
Anyways, as I stated before, Obama's got this election, given that he got Pennsylvania AND Ohio, two of the key states. I'm fully behind this nomination, as I see him much more fit as a president, experience or not, as well as Biden being INFINITELY times more superior as a VP than Palin.
--donut3.5--

Actually a good chunk of what I said was fact, and not bullcrap.

I know I made a few errors, like saying president of war =P, that was a typo xD, I fixed that.

I never said ANYTHING about voting for him because hes black, I'm just saying its a BIG thing, if he gets in. Also I'm talking about the presidency, Not congress.

Also the "first black guy? Or the first real old guy?" That really was just a joke... I wasn't serious lol.

Part about him running his campaign better is a simple fact, and that he was way more money, and has spent a lot more is a simple fact.

Level 14

Actually, he said mcaine, to which I lol'd. Actually, a lot of people have done that, and I lol at all of them. How hard is it to type McCain? Seriously.

I think both candidates ran a pretty shitty and negative campaign, and I personally hated it.

I agree.. it's saddening.. Not one person gave a real reason why I should vote for them and not the other. They just attacked and attacked and attacked.

I'll be glad just to see Obama emerge victorious (which he will, given that he got Ohio) and to see all this negative BS done and over with. I think Obama is a much better person than that, McCain as well. They were both sucked into the political media game, which was dumb.

Lol, if you think all the negative bullshit will end, then you're wrong lol. It's sad and pathetic, but it's not going to end.

There are two options here tonight:
1.) McCain wins, and the "old" bashing and calling him senile and shit like that will continue.
2.) Obama will win, and anyone who says anything against him is labeled a racist. But the bashing will continue, but fortunate for him he doesn't have to worry about Congress because he'll have a majority in both the House and the Senate.

Actually, they had their turn in the 90s with 8 years of Clinton.. but to be fair the Congress was Republican.

Anyway, on another note, whichever party loses tonight, needs to go the fuck away. This is the 1st time in history that the parties have lasted this long. They've overstayed their welcome.

Vote for a better tomorrow, vote Bull-Moose party.

EDIT:
and that he was way more money, and has spent a lot more is a simple fact.

Uh no, that's not fact. Obama raised more money but the Republican party had more money already. So in all actuality the money was about the same.

Level 27
and has spent a lot more is a simple fact.
In an economic crisis like the one that is presented to us today, spending isn't the best thing ever :p
While he did get a lot of his fundings from many small donors/supporters, which is a good sign, I'd prefer he would save it instead of blowing it on hateful attack ads.
Overall, yeah I do agree with you though, Obama's campaign hasn't been AS hateful as McCain's, but it has still been pretty bad.
Lol, if you think all the negative bullshit will end, then you're wrong lol. It's sad and pathetic, but it's not going to end.

There are two options here tonight:
1.) McCain wins, and the "old" bashing and calling him senile and shit like that will continue.
2.) Obama will win, and anyone who says anything against him is labeled a racist. But the bashing will continue, but fortunate for him he doesn't have to worry about Congress because he'll have a majority in both the House and the Senate.
True, I meant the negative campaigns. Of course there is going to be hatred from either side no matter who is elected, but at least that wont be pumped into every source of media I see on a constant basis.
--donut3.5--

Level 12
In an economic crisis like the one that is presented to us today, spending isn't the best thing ever :p
While he did get a lot of his fundings from many small donors/supporters, which is a good sign, I'd prefer he would save it instead of blowing it on hateful attack ads.
Overall, yeah I do agree with you though, Obama's campaign hasn't been AS hateful as McCain's, but it has still been pretty bad.
--donut3.5--

Obama has more money, thus he spends more on ads and such. Though rofl, its funny, all the adds are meant to bash the other, one of the times they spoke to each other, apologizing and stuff. Guess what? They both made ANOTHER add after bashing at each other lol. They are pretty desperate.

Just think... McCaine wins the election, has a heart attack... Palin gets shot by some ganster or something for some unknown reason.

Pfft, what then?

Level 12
Rofl I would find it funny of Obama said this.

"PFFT, look what happend? Thats what you get for not voting for me! The Irony!"

Level 14
That could only happen if Hilldog was speaker, but right now it's Pelosi.

But, yes, it would be hilarious.

Level 12
Rofl, I would find it even more funnier, is if Obama wins, and hes on live and says "You know what? I'm bored, I'm resigning the presidency, I only did this to waste time for the new season of my show to come back."

Level 27
That could only happen if Hilldog was speaker, but right now it's Pelosi.

But, yes, it would be hilarious.
Whoops, for some reason thought Clinton was Speaker for some reason, but when you said that it I realized my error.
Anyways, Obama just won VA, giving him only 50 electoral votes until victory.
Considering Cali is 55, and is strongly democratic, I think we can call this one over.
EDIT: And now he won FL.
Yeah, McCain is fucked.
And now he just won.
--donut3.5--

Level 14
Yeah too bad we're a democracy and not all the votes are counted..

like Tricky said, we'll know tomorrow morning for sure.

Surprisingly enough, news channels, no matter how much they try, can't dictate the winner.

Level 12
lol, still other news channels announced hes the 44th president =P, Still doesn't matter anyway, Obama beat McCaine by a LOT

Level 4
...Fail post is fail.

A president lading is HARDLY comparable to a slaveowner and his or her slave.
Not to mention it's more like 148~ years since slavery was abolished.
--donut3.5--
Over analyzing simple internet post looking for lulz is fail, square. :razz:

well technically if you get 270 electoral votes you win i believe. dont quote me on this but i think it is true.

That is correct, Obama for surely won.

Level 14
It is 270, and Obama "technically" has more than that, but with not all the votes counted he might have lost a state or two or something, unlikely, but possible.

Anyway, now it's over. McCain is giving a concession speech.

Level 12
It is 270, and Obama "technically" has more than that, but with not all the votes counted he might have lost a state or two or something, unlikely, but possible.

Anyway, now it's over. McCain is giving a concession speech.

Yep, and about a hour ago, Obama had around 172-174 points, and McCaine had 82-89 points. Just at looking at that Obama More then likely wins.

Level 14
Even if you were paying taxes personally, you'd be paying them regardless of who got in :p It's not like if Obama hadn't won then taxes would simply vanish into thin air.
--donut3.5--

Both of their tax plans sucked.

What's legal age for running for President: 35?

Level 4
Even if you were paying taxes personally, you'd be paying them regardless of who got in :p It's not like if Obama hadn't won then taxes would simply vanish into thin air.
--donut3.5--
He means that because Obama's plan is to raise taxes overall (including much more on the rich) to balance it out. It's a nose dive that will hurt us but once the money is into the government they can use it to get us back on track. It's always darkest before the dawn. o.o

And yes, you must be 35 to run for president.

Level 14
Fucking sweet. (not about taxes)

I'm bringing back the Whig Party in 2023, anyone want in?

Seriously, I'm running for President in 2024.

Level 14
Whigs were just anti-Jacksonians :p
Considering Jackson is long dead, I'm not exactly sure what you would do.
--donut3.5--

Wear a fucking Wig, that's what I would do.

:p

Lol, get it? A play on letter/word usage?1!

Nah, but seriously, hopefully the Republican party will be no more and I can freely run as a Constitutionalist.

EDIT: Also, wikipedia saves the day.

Level 14
Sweet. In 2024, look for the re-emergence of the Whig Party, and we won't be the pussy kind, we'll be wearing wigs.

Level 12
Wow, watching CNN, there showing how many points they got
Obama: 338
McCaine: 155

Wow, just wow, clearly people want Obama

Level 14
Honestly, I don't see why this was such a big deal. Did anyone actually think McCain would win?

It's the most anti-Republican year, ever. And the Republicans do what? They put up one of the most unpopular Republican (with republicans). Genius. It's like they planned to discredit John McCain.

And if you people didn't realize, if the Democrats put up a turnip, it would have beat McCain.

It's like in 1980 when Carter was running for re-election. The country hated him, he destroyed the economy, and then Reagan comes and wins by a landslide. It didn't have anything to do with him being Reagan, of course later it did, but it was because he wasn't Carter.

But in 2010 it'll be different. The Republicans have been planning for 2010 since 2007. In case you didn't know.

P.S. Just to clarify things, McCain hates Bush, the end.

Level 12
Honestly, I don't see why this was such a big deal. Did anyone actually think McCain would win?

It's the most anti-Republican year, ever. And the Republicans do what? They put up one of the most unpopular Republican (with republicans). Genius. It's like they planned to discredit John McCain.

And if you people didn't realize, if the Democrats put up a turnip, it would have beat McCain.

It's like in 1980 when Carter was running for re-election. The country hated him, he destroyed the economy, and then Reagan comes and wins by a landslide. It didn't have anything to do with him being Reagan, of course later it did, but it was because he wasn't Carter.

But in 2010 it'll be different. The Republicans have been planning for 2010 since 2007. In case you didn't know.

P.S. Just to clarify things, McCain hates Bush, the end.

I know McCaine hates bush. Bush hates McCaine

Electoral votes was Obama 388, McCaine 156

yea I agree, its a bad year for republicans, and I'm sure something will happen, and people might hate Obama later on, until then. Who cares? We need change, since Demos have little over 55% of congress in control now, he should be able to hand out most of his plans, I may be off on the percentage a little. But the next few years should be good. However it will get worse before it gets better, because he has to get things moving, which might take about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.