• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

John McCain finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So, I heard about it when it happened. I'm just now putting it on here.

As many of us think, McCain probably chose Palin to help him win the election rather than because he thought she was qualified. Apparently, Anonymous wanted to have some fun with her. She got her e-mail hacked. While there's supposedly nothing bad aside from a very minor crack at Dan Fagan (which will undoubtedly be blown out of proportion).

Palin's Yahoo Mail Reportedly Published on Wikileaks - * MSN Tech & Gadgets - News and Features

Hackers say they have gained access to U.S. vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's Yahoo account and published some of its contents on the Wikileaks Web site.

On Wednesday, Wikileaks published several screen shots of Yahoo e-mail messages, e-mail addresses of Palin family members and associates, and other data that hackers claim to have obtained from Palin's private Yahoo account.

One e-mail message appears to be from Alaska Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell, complaining to Palin about an interview by Alaska radio show host Dan Fagan. "Arghhh! He is so inconsistent and purposefully misleading," Palin apparently writes in response.

A hacking group known as Anonymous gained access to Palin's [email protected] account late Tuesday night and sent the information to Wikileaks, which acts as an anonymous clearinghouse for leaked documents.

"Gov. Palin has come under criticism for using private e-mail accounts to conduct government business and in the process avoid transparency laws," Wikileaks wrote in a note accompanying the material. "The list of correspondence, together with the account name, appears to reinforce the criticism."

Palin is the governor of Alaska. She was named John McCain's vice-presidential running mate on Aug. 29.

Neither the McCain-Palin campaign nor Yahoo could immediately confirm whether Palin's account had actually been hacked. (EDITOR'S NOTE: The hacking has now been confirmed by the campaign.)

So, if things get blown out of proportion like I think they will, John McCain will have probably lost his ace.

Level 13
People expect the running parties to be pretty much 'Holier than thou' as in, not insulting anybody (except their opponent) and turning the other cheek when they get slammed AND not really mess up.

Most people are stupid. When they find out Palin called Fagan 'Inconsistent and purposefully misleading' that'll, for some reason, piss the people off and hate her.

It's politics, a lot of people are stupid when it comes to politics. It's like when a white guy calls a black guy "nigger". Everyone rides the white guy like a rodeo.

Level 13
He will, he's got Oprah rooting for him. When the whole thing started she was telling everybody she was supporting him. That alone gives him a massive advantage, considering Oprah's ridiculous influence.

Level 5
I personal think Palin will step down, and I think she would have even if this wasnt leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.