• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Can someone finish TOB version N?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey all um- i'm no good at map making so i was wondering if anyone could break TOB version N's protection, fix the bugs and release the map open source style. all can be done anonymously and than e-mailed to me where it can be distributed, if someone will do this they will get a free Gmail account.

e-mail me @ [email protected]

Level 22
There was nothing impressive with ToB other then its skins/models. It was grossly imbalanced either overpowered or underpowered heroes. If you ask me it died for a reason. There are many other great AoS maps that would work great on b.net...many of which are on this site. Maybe you can try those. It seems like any map that has its own website is higly played on b.net, regardless of whether is was good or not. i find that odd...
-VGsatomi

Level 8
Last I caught on the b.net forums was that they hadn't specifically given up, but that they couldn't find the problem that was causing the desyncs. There's still some discussion ongoing there as to what might be causing the problem, but I got the distinct impression that they had tried everything that they could think of trying. I highly doubt anyone who's interested in breaking open someone else's map to release it would have the knowledge to find the answer that the ToB team could not.

Note that this is not a condemnation nor an endorsement of ToB, and also that that isn't what the conversation is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.