• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nobody asked for your opinions about the Mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about America is that unlike France, they aren't afraid of the people, simply because they've got enough of a hold over them to shoot them down if they rebel, or simply screw with them until they're on the side of the government.

As of yet, I'd suggest not comparing the American government to the Hive, as I have yet to see them deleting our posts to hide these opinions.

Level 22
The thing about America is that unlike France, they aren't afraid of the people, simply because they've got enough of a hold over them to shoot them down if they rebel, or simply screw with them until they're on the side of the government.

As of yet, I'd suggest not comparing the American government to the Hive, as I have yet to see them deleting our posts to hide these opinions.

The American government only puts down uprisings that cause them to lose money. The constitution allows freedom of speech to some extent, by nullifying that right, the person doing so would be breaking the law. That's aside from the point.

The point is everyone whines about this like a bludgeoned pig all the time, yet they get no where.. I wonder why? Because whining doesn't accomplish anything. (Not directed toward Verm) So stop posting stupid shit complaining about users complaining about mods, and go take a chill-pill, there are bigger issues in life than this petty bullshit.

Level 15
For example, lets take Ron Paul. He slanders the current state of the Republican party all the time, is the government sabotaging his campaign? xRiotzX, if that were the case, why the hell hasn't the United States silenced the Venus Project?

Seriously, quit bitching about the government here. It has nothing to do with the Hive and you're just ranting like a little child.

Level 22
For example, lets take Ron Paul. He slanders the current state of the Republican party all the time, is the government sabotaging his campaign? xRiotzX, if that were the case, why the hell hasn't the United States silenced the Venus Project?

Seriously, quit bitching about the government here. It has nothing to do with the Hive and you're just ranting like a little child.

If you would read my last sentence you would see I was defending the country I live in.

And as for your naive perception of this nation, the USA is just as tyrannical as any other country, they've been hiding the cure to cancer for ages.

Level 26
If you would read my last sentence you would see I was defending the country I live in.

And as for your naive perception of this nation, the USA is just as tyrannical as any other country, they've been hiding the cure to cancer for ages.

"shotgun to the face" is hardly the "cure" to cancer. I mean, sure it might work in some isolated cases, but we really do need further testing before those results are conclusive

Level 22
"shotgun to the face" is hardly the "cure" to cancer. I mean, sure it might work in some isolated cases, but we really do need further testing before those results are conclusive

I never implied that.. :p

@Vermillion: Yes that's exactly what I want, I want to be bothered with your stupid-ass questions about how to make a real model, and other problems all day in chat.. ._.

Red

Red

Level 26
A lot of what you guys are saying is true, of that I have no doubt, but I won't budge on my overriding purpose of this post - If the mods really are the abusive, fascists (Come to the Tinychat sometime, you can witness their pure evil in person!) who have gone mad with power, why are you still here? There's several other Wc3 resource databases out there. You're not paying to be here, nobody's getting a raw deal.

Nah, this whole flame war has no base in logic. Or maturity, for that matter (Thanks for demonstrating that, zRiotZx!) Seems to me like some pre-teen drama just happened to spill over from Facebook for no reason.

Level 15

What the hell does tyranny have to do with them not silencing people who are just exercising their rights?

I never once said the States aren't tyrannical, I simply said they're not as bad as you think.

The cure for cancer? REALLY? Go start a revolt, ya chowdah head. Maybe then the government will silence you permanetly and do us all a favor.

Level 31
Jesus riotZ. The whole point of what I said was to make us not to compare any government to internet forums. Because, you cant.

stopsa.jpg

Anyway, back on topic we go!

Point being, Ralle is god. He owns the site thus we have no rights. If you want to be god then go make your own site. And if you don't like this one, leave. Don't make it worse by starting unnecessary bandwagons.

Mods are users who are doing favors for ralle. They are not tyrannical conspirators out to get you. And even if they are, no one is forcing you to stay. If you really want something to do about a mod, go tattle to the admins. Thats why we have admin contact.

Public anti mod threads are no no.

At most, there'll usually be two moderators pushing the boundaries of Ralle's lenience in their actions towards the users here.

While true Ralle has the final say, and personal bias against a person may not be a bad thing under certain circumstances, the people here are trying to get the point across that yes, we understand he has all the power, and yes, they are just users with responsibilities but they should not be exempt from the same punishments lashed out to any non-staff user.

I for one, hate arguments and these 'E-political' debates, but the fact that flamebaiting at the hands of a moderator does happen, and said moderator does not suffer punishment for commiting a punishable act, leads me to take part here. As such, my best example of unpunished, undeserving staff members would be the long gone Mini-Me. As I have said, there are and will be others pushing their luck.

Also, I am to believe Riot got himself a ban for his disruptive behavior.

Level 15
There have been cases where moderators have left due to user pressure. Brad's leave wasn't exactly as peachy as "I'm getting married and moving on in life." The 323095239058023985092385 threads about him contributed.

>>;

edit: this leads me to another point. if someone posts a thread complaining about the site and it's not in Admin Contact, I vote they should be automatically banned.

Level 31
Except that it isn't 'loyalty' at all with the lack of a hierarchy, and the fact that you don't have to be here, and also the fact that your ability to be here is a service to you paid by someone else.

While I know your just kidding around, a lot of people here actually think that. So, the response wasn't entirely directed at you. :3

Level 26
This thread in 6 words: Good intentions; wrong way to go.

Actually, this thread deserves at least 12 more: Anyone who discourages intellectual discourse deserves a nail to the eye socket.

I will say, though, that any thread that demands some kind of "revolution" or "rebellion" is absolutely hilarious.

Level 19
This thread in 6 words: Good intentions; wrong way to go.

Actually, this thread deserves at least 12 more: Anyone who discourages intellectual discourse deserves a nail to the eye socket.

I will say, though, that any thread that demands some kind of "revolution" or "rebellion" is absolutely hilarious.

Imagine if it could actually happen though: Ralle seals himself in a thread with his higher cabinet, and hundreds of noobs bombard the thread with messages in 1337 demanding his resignation. Some infamous users take up sides against the administration and overwhelm the servers, directing the control of the site over to them. MasterHaosis would be elected and would in turn make all posts on the Hive be written fanetically, and there'd be an entire resource section dedicated to icon recolors and ripped anime models...

Level 9
Nice... there are about 2 pages of arguments on the US government. I guess you mention "democracy" one time and that tends to happen
From my experience with mods on this site and in general: I don't like them and I find them very unhelpful. They approve stuff, and that's what they need to do. Thus, I don't go around posting "hey let's ban this mod." There's my two sense problably won't come back to this thread. Who the heck started all of this "attacking the mods" crap anyways...? (My guess: it's always been going on...)

Skycraft: XenoStalker, your a moron. It's not mods - it's specific mods and specific people.

Don't open it, I'm a moron.

Last edited:
Level 18
Posting a thread where everyone can see it is much more effective than posting it in admin contact. Especially if you can get a lot of people to take your side so the mods can't ignore it. I'm not saying it's often the right thing to do, however in some cases one would like the input of other users (and not be limited to admins) to make a point.

I haven't recently seen any threads of the kind we are talking about though so I can't really judge their usefulness.

Level 31
Posting a thread where everyone can see it is much more effective than posting it in admin contact. Especially if you can get a lot of people to take your side so the mods can't ignore it. I'm not saying it's often the right thing to do, however in some cases one would like the input of other users (and not be limited to admins) to make a point.

I haven't recently seen any threads of the kind we are talking about though so I can't really judge their usefulness.

Maybe more useful yes. But, it creates a snowball effect. Ends don't justify the means in this case I guess.

Plus, by useful, what it you really mean is 'easy'. It's easier to get what you want with an open thread because of how easy it is to start bandwagons. By this logic, I could likely find one thing a mod does wrong, make a thread about it, and start a giant war about how that mod needs a perma ban. When you use admin contact, at least it's evaluated properly. (In most cases anyway.) And, if it isn't, then you revert back to the original point of this thread that is: either deal, or leave.

@OP: Nobody asked you for your opinion about other's opinions about the mods. If you don't like the incessant whining here, on some forum entirely irrelavant to life, then you too can leave.

:D

Well ofc. But, unlike getting rid of a mod, getting things fixed on the user side comes without the snowball effect. Instead, you just have one thread like this one where we all hash it out in hopes the mass revolutionary attitude will subside. When you make a thread about a mod, it generates an unhealthy attitude that snowballs into other things, and becomes an excuse to have stupid things done. Take TWIF's newsletter for instance.

Plus, while I obviously can't speak on red's behalf, I can tell you from what I've heard talking to him that this thread basically came up as an instant reaction to some recent rebellious behavior. Not so much a long time issue.

Level 18
Maybe more useful yes. But, it creates a snowball effect. Ends don't justify the means in this case I guess.

Plus, by useful, what it you really mean is 'easy'. It's easier to get what you want with an open thread because of how easy it is to start bandwagons. By this logic, I could likely find one thing a mod does wrong, make a thread about it, and start a giant war about how that mod needs a perma ban. When you use admin contact, at least it's evaluated properly. (In most cases anyway.) And, if it isn't, then you revert back to the original point of this thread that is: either deal, or leave.

I do agree with you and I don't think posting hate-threads is the right way to go, however I don't think that every user, especially when angered for whatever reason, would want to take the harder route to a solution. Perhaps a rule that asks users to take problems with any mod or user to the admin contact instead of the forum would be nice (since as far as I know there isn't already one). With the current situation I think it will be difficult to actually stop users from posting their threads assuming that the thread isn't just flaming aimed at a specific user or mod (and thus breaking the rules).

Level 35
I'd agree with the OP if we had a professional site management.

Sadly that is not the case, neither will it ever be if the staff is voluntary and unpaid.

Also, a lot of "bitching" at the staff is usually meant to spark an improvement, at least from the side of more experienced members.

Level 31
LOL.
My newspaper, a rebellion, just lol.

It was a user having a somwhat humourous and non-serious rant. a rebellion, that just sounds so paranoid, its not like it is possible for a 'rebellion' to do anything at all aside from a flame war.

:p But again, not that I care.

No, I meant how other people defending it were using the "evil moderator" card.

i have to be NICE to people?
i didnt realise "be nice" was on my list of things to do as a mod. did someone also leave out "entertain the users with peekaboo", "spoonfeed them instructions" and "pat them on the back so they get a good burp"?

as far as i was concerned, it was "punish the trolls and clean up the mess they've made"
all the OTHER things that mods do, they do because it is how they are. its like how some people think purplepoot is an asshole and an elitist because he used to be in the staff. purplepoot acts the way he does because thats how he is. there is no other reason. just like every other staff members. and they will continue to do whatever they feel like even if they werent a mod.

that being said, we also cannot change how users act and will continue to act. people will always need some sort of scapegoat. they need an outsider. they need "them". and that fact wont change no matter how much we try.

also. that newspaper thing. i first posted there because i was thinking "hey. some idiot played the "mods vs us" card again without any means of backing himself up. might as well rebut it and put some sarcastic comments about the article itself as well". then i realised the newspaper thing was shockingly constructed so i decided to continue arguing with that. i dont think i wanted the team to quit. as far as quitting was concerned, they decided it themselves. no outside decision by the mods, especially not by some special hidden group of mods, to FORCED it to close.

As far as instituting "lolbnice2users" rules goes, if anything, it should apply to new moderators. Let the ones from before the change be total douchebags or however they choose to be, quite a few'll probably step down sooner or later anyway.

That said, you won't have to be nice to people. Hopefully I won't have to be either.

Chewing out the self-righteous or right out bitchy assholes that spring up is fun.

No one said that mods being nice is a must. The closest thing to is my comment about how sometimes if you don't, it contributes to the mods-vs-users shit going on.

See there? You could have just said "Mods don't have to be nice, our job is to maintain the Hive". But no, let's over-exaggerate everything and persecute someone's opinion.

Level 3
Mods don't have to be nice. They are here to do their job, mostly. So if they act one time or another as douchebags, it's they personality, not cause they're mods.

Pyramidhe@d himself give us an advice to delete some posts in chat. This is being nice and do his job at the same time, IMO.

Level 17
My interpretation of the moderators -
"Humanoids without any sort of emotion that are there to assist you in completion and praise of your ideals - in some cases however, this does not occur. This may be because your work is either irrelevant, foreign or it is too minimal of a unique piece to be reviewed. If in this instance you are upset/angry with the explanation given to you, then you can proceed to the Administration Contact - where you may donate all your queries/complaints."

I just thought I would share that since we are all singing our opinions of the moderation and administration team.

Status
Not open for further replies.