• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No voice on custom character (with custom model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, everyone!

I require advice from those worldeditor masters, who actually made functional custom characters with custom voice-over in Reforged WE environment.
I've done this successfully before in pre-reforged classic, created King Leonidas (from 300) custom hero with custom voice-over but now with Reforged came out it doesn't work anymore.
Recently I tried making another custom character, Geralt of Rivia, here are steps:
1. Created custom hero from Blademaster;
2. Successfully imported model - Geralt of Rivia model;
What I noticed though that his "default" voice (HeroBlademaster) didn't work;
3. Modified character how I like (skills, stats, etc.);
4. Created custom vo with bunch of .flac files and replacing Grom sound set (since he has less lines), putting it on newmade Geralt, Geralt doesn't talk;
5. Realizing it doesn't work, tried to replace Footman's sounds set and used on Geralt.
In the end, I got Footman talking like Geralt and Geralt not talking at all. My guess is that it has to do something with model itself but perhaps some very bright person gives me actual solution. Thank you in advance.

Update:
I found solution but it forces you to sacrifice fancy Reforged graphics for that. You have to enforce standard mode for your map by going Scenario - > Map Options - > Supported Graphics: SD (only this option). Thanks to Emil, author of LOTR Fellowship quest.

Last edited:
Level 12
This is a recurring bug with reforged.

Hell sometimes original models refuse to talk.

Test this : give Kel ThuzadLich UnitSoundSet to the frost Revenant for example. It won't make a sound!

I wonder if this is related to some animation properties linked to voice in the models. But thats beyond my modeling knowledge.

I also have a tower in my map using the alternate classic morphed Illidan model, and if i give it the morphed illidan sound set... It is dead silent too.

This new specific change with Reforge is annoying, and really requires modeling experts to investigate the matter so that we can have voices working again on all models (custom or original).

Level 12
Yes this confirms that the issue is definitely inside the new models.

So yet still no solution for whoever wants a map with the HD graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.