• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Models With no voice in Reforged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've noticed, at least on the map I'm working on: whenever I use a model like a neutral creep as a hero that it doesn't have a voice. Even when I set it to HeroLich.

The only voice line I'll hear is when it's coming out of the tavern.

This is obviously a problem unique to reforged. Does anyone know the fix?

Level 3
I gave that a shot and it still isn't working unfortunately.

For further context the unit I'm using is a copy of the Paladin hero replaced with the model of the Giant Skeleton Warrior. Using UnitSoundSet: HeroLich.

Again, he still uses his voice line when he's summoned/purchased from the tavern or revived. But not when he's becoming controlled as usual.

Level 14
I gave that a shot and it still isn't working unfortunately.

For further context the unit I'm using is a copy of the Paladin hero replaced with the model of the Giant Skeleton Warrior. Using UnitSoundSet: HeroLich.

Again, he still uses his voice line when he's summoned/purchased from the tavern or revived. But not when he's becoming controlled as usual.
I'm wondering if this has to do with how Reforged skins work. Does the action Set Unit Skin do anything if you set it to Giant Skeleton Warrior for the custom unit?

I don't have Reforged yet or I'd test myself.

Level 3
It does. His portrait will now move properly and he will sound like the skeleton if I call the skin of the original unit 'nskg'.

But the moment I try to change the unit sound of either the called Skin or the Hero itself, it fails to work entirely. It's almost as if a model file is dependent on the voice line with some of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.