• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No Attack Type Spell in vJass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I didn't see any ATTACK_TYPE_SPELL in vJass or there is but I haven't saw it yet.

• Unit - Cause Temp_Unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing Temp_Total_Value damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
There is an attack type spells in GUI, I wonder if there is in vJass.

Level 13
Uhmm..... could you give me an example? I want the attack type to be Spells so that the damage will be reduce by an item called Spell Damage Reduction and not by an armor.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

call UnitDamageTarget(source,target,damage,true,false,ATTACK_TYPE_MAGIC,DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL,WEAPON_TYPE_WHOKNOWS)

Level 24
Attack Type "Spells" is written as ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL
Attack Type "Normal" is written as ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE

Armor is independent from the Attack Type.
Attack Type merely deals with Armor Type (not the value but the type) and classificational features such as spell resistance and defend.

Armor value is calculated in certain Damage Types.
Damage Type Universal will not be affected by armor for example.
Most Damage Types are useless as far as I know but there was a thread about it... I think on WC3c or WC2Tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.