• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Type Attack type in triggers, where you use "UNit- Cause this unit to damage..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 200 damage of attack type Hero and damage type Universal.
This case /\ is physical damage right ?

3 Questions:

What is Attack Type ? Is that type which can or not be reduced by the armor type ?

What is damage type ? I thought we only needed attack type. And we have some strange things, like Fire, Mind, Universal (wtf is this ?)

Is there any difference between Spell type and Magic type ? Which one can be reduced by magic resist and amplified by Ethereal ? For an ideal MAGICAL damage, what should I use ?

• Attack Type: Spells
    • Damage Type: Magic
or

• Attack Type Magic:
    • Damage Type: Magic
The only thing I know is that Universal goes throught magic imune but is reduced by resistence, or am I wrong ?

EDIT: I said 3 questions and I asked more than 10

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Damage type defines how the damage interacts with the unit. Originally it was planned to have elemental aligned attacks such as fire or ice so a monster could be "immune to fire" as an example. However these did not make it into the game and the damage type is what is left of that.

It is not entirely useless as it lets you define how the damage interacts with the unit. If it applies armor reduction, magic immunity or bonus due to banish all depend on damage type.

Level 12
Shouldn't the universal/normal still matter though? Atleast for spell effects universal (refering to the option with channel ability) allow you to target spell immune units.

With the option to let "ultimate" deal damage to spell immune in game constants maybe universal counts like "ultimate".

Status
Not open for further replies.