• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Damage of attack type/ damage types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello, I was making a spell today and triggering its damage when I noticed it was not properly damaging the units, so after some wasted time looking in all the wrong places, I came to the actual damage !...

The units were ethereal/banished and I was trying to damage them with
damage Spells and damage type Normal, but it doesn't work. Without going and checking all these different types, does anyone by chance know which ones would work? (Magic/Normal does, however I'm concerned that since banished units take more magic damage it will deal extra damage but I haven't actually tested yet.)

Furthermore is there actually a difference between all these different types?
damage of attack type/damage type
Thanks for any knowledge!

Level 30
Yes, there are difference in each Damages and Damage types, it depends. If one damage type counters and resis that damage example, Magic to Large, of course it will be reduced. And if one damage type deals more damage to that armor, of course it will deal more damage like Pierce to Heavy. Let us just say that base the damage from the Armor types and Damage types.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Or just edit all the damage types the way you'd prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.