• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

question on damage types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ive notice that under actions in the unit action type.
theirs this choice
Cause (triggering unit) to damage (triggeringunit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type [spells] and damage type [Normal]

Their is also the choice in damage type of....
Enhanced
Fire
Cold
Lighting
Poison
Disease
Divine
magic
sonic
acid
and so forth.

WHat i want to know is what is the purpose for this. Does each type do something special or something? whats the purpose of fire cold lighting and the rest of these if in ability editor their not listed anywhere?

Level 13
Hmm im far from sure on this. But here we go:
Enhanced: No idea?
Fire: Splash damage.
Cold: Reduce attack and movement speed.
Lightning: Chance to dispell positive spell on attacked enemy.
Poison: Cause extra damage over time.
Disease: Unit will slowly loose life over time (1hp per sec)
Divine: Think this is shitty powerful, but dont know why XD
Magic: Thats magic attack. The Spell one, which i think you though was magic attack, is spell damage. This damage will be reduced by units which are immune, or strong against magic (mountain giant, belf spell thief etc.)
Sonic: No idea.
Acid: some poison like affect i would guess.
Show me the rest ^^

Well hope it helped. But as said, im far from sure on all this. Think its true though :D

Level 1
You got attack types Spells, Normal, Pierce, Siege, Magic, Chaos, and Hero. all which are editable.
Heres the complete list of damage types

Normal
Enhanced
Fire
Cold
Lighting
Posion
Disease
Divine
Magic
Sonic
Acid
Force
Death
Mind
Plant
Defensive
Demolition
Slow poison
Spirt link
Shadow strike
Universal

Some of these damage types also have spells with the same name. are they that spell or something?
*if what u said is true saphiree does that mean theirs some hardcoded abilitys with all these in it and works like that?*

Status
Not open for further replies.