• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Detection of damage type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You can do damage with triggers.

Is there any way to detect the "damage type"?
like cold, fire, lightning.. ?

( I want to make a "element damage system" smilar to diablo 2 ... :D
or is there something smilar out there? )

so
for example if a

Code:
unit takes damage
   damagetype = fire
       then action ..

? :p
Help please :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Blizzard never did anything with the majority of those damage types.
There are only 4 real damage types: Normal, Enhanced, Magic and Universal. The rest is useless.

So no: you cannot detect them. You'll have to create your own elemental system (as Blizzard never created one for Warcraft 3).
Simply create a variable (integer, probably) and set that variable to the elemental type (e.g.: fire is 0, lightning is 1, ice is 2, ...).

Level 5
If it specifically is damage type you want to fiddle with I can't help you, but with the triggers you can also decide on attack type, and these can be altered via the Gameplay Constants and Interface-thingy (shit, I can't even remember what the Interface-thingy is called xD). So that way you could change those into different elemental types.

Perhaps you meant something entirely different, but I'm saying this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.