• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Question about damage type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hello everyone. I have known (like many other people) that:
-Attack type Spell, damage type magic = damage reduces by magic resistant
-Attack type Chaos, damage type Universal = Damage isnt reduced by any type of armor and magic resistant.
But I wonder how to make a damage type which reduces by magic resistant but it GO THROUGH MAGIC IMMUNE? (Like Beastmaster's Ultimate in DotA).

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I can make the spell goes through magic immune. But my problem is the spell wont deal damage but only have effect on the target. Therefore, I want to know what kind of combination between attack type and damage type will create damage which goes through Magic Immune but is reduced by magic resist. :D

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
I have already know that :D. Which I dont know is how to make it deal damage :D. I have test some skills and it only stuns or slow without damage :D.

Kusanagi Kuro

Level 10
==. U can try. Make a unit used Avatar then use the trigger to deal spell damage to it. It just dont work ==.
Also, my question is what combination between what damage type and attack type will create a type of spell damage which deal damage through magic immune and being reduced by the magic resist. U didnt read my post carefully. ==

Level 33
Here, try this.

EDIT:
So you want to damage magic immune while stunning them ?
Rexxar's ultimate only stuns magic immune unit, it does not damage them.

Just add this;
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage TempUnit, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
It works even though the unit has magic immunity.
And yes, it is reduced by magic resistance (25% natural).

Attachments

• Bypass Magic Immune.w3x
    13.2 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.