• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to reduce Magic attack types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I'm having thoughts on how to reduce Magic Attacks, there's no magic resistance item in WC3. Only spell resistance item (Runed Bracer) that reduces default WC3 spells. I want armor to only reduce physical attacks, so modifying armor types is not my choice.

Level 10
Actually, Runed braces does stop magic attacks (not just spells). I just tested, made it 1.00 (100% resistance) and got a priest to attack, and it did no damage.
e
EDIT: ignore what i said. It actually doesn't block magic attacks (sorry) I was testing something else. But i did find out a way to block magic attacks.

Go Advanced -> Gameplay constants -> Gameplay - Magic immune resists damage and tick it off( set to false). Then make a custom Magic Immune ability and find Data - Magic Damage Factor and set it to 100 for 100% resistance to magic attacks. 10 is 10% resistance, 40 is 40% etc. But they will be immune to spells, so that sucks. :/

EDIT: IGNORE EVERYTHING, LordDz had your answer the whole time, what a wasted effort to get some rep lol

Attachments

• Magic Resistance.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.