• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit - Damage Target (Type)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
I've a few question regarding this. I remember seeing this in a tutorial, but i can't find it anymore in the tutorial section.

1. What is the difference between attack type and damage type?

2. Can anyone explain what each of the types do? Unknow, Normal, Spells, Universal etc. etc.?

3. Which combination is the best for custom triggered ability so that if i want to do 200 damage to a unit, it will do 200 damage instead of doing lesser because of armor?

Thanks in advance!

Level 37
I saw a post about this a while ago...

Anyway, attack type Chaos, damage type normal will do full damage.

Attack types takes armor into consideration, and can reduce damage based on the attacked unit's armor type.

Damage types can have effects, like cold slows etc.

Level 8
Attack type is affected by the armor type according to the values set in gameplay constants

Damage type is affected by armor values or magic resistance.
Damage type Normal is affected by armor value
Damage type Magic and all the ones that sound named after types of magic (fire, death, cold etc) are all affected by magic resistance
Universal is not reduced by armor value or magic resistance

So attack type Chaos damage type Universal will always do full damage, AS LONG AS CHAOS IS SET TO 1.00 AGAINST ALL ARMOR TYPES IN GAMEPLAY CONSTANTS.

Attack type Spells damage type Normal will do to heroes:

-25% because hero armor takes 0.75 spell damage
-% from heroe's armor value because of damage type Normal

MOST ladder abilities are Spells:Magic by default

There is no difference between elements, and there is no way to set specific resists using the game engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.