• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Damage Type "Spells" Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, so in the object editor for units, I noticed there is a damage type called "Spells" What is this exactly? The icon shown was that of a sword (like normal melee attack) and after switching around some icons, I found that the heading for the icon for it is: "Icon - Attack Type Normal".

Also, in the Gameplay Constants, there is a damage table for Spells, and I'm wondering...is this table for this damage type I'm talking about? Or is it for spells and skills in general?

http://www.ualberta.ca/~fqureshi/GameConstantsSpells.png

The other damage tables dictate how much damage each of the damage types do to various armor types, but what about Spells?

Thanks for any help!

Level 17
Yes, the 'Spells' damage table is for Spells, so like storm bolt, frost nova, etc etc.
Magic is the magic type attack, what the human priest unit has in a melee game, for example.
However, if a unit is magic immune, you will get the 'this unit is immune to magic' error message for 'Spells' and 'Magic' as well.

Level 4
Actually you guys are wrong :p lol

I decided to just do some tests, and I found that the Spells damage table does indeed affect the Spells damage type!

Well, I suppose you guys could be correct...I haven't tried it with spells and skills yet to see if those are affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.