• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New team leader for Warcraft 3 Reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yet that patch has never been in contention for worst wc3 patch?
well, that's why I tell people Warsmash aspires to emulate patch 1.22. From what i can tell looking back years later, patch 1.23 represents the Activision merger. Funny how that works out.

Level 18
hm.. i didn't want to post anything since i was 'what's that woman doing near warcraft' the whole time..

but.. ya know.. let's give her some support ^^ and ye, no harassing her if she messes up.
I mean she was an executive producer for everquest so it's not like they just hired her for pr, she actually has background in fantasy gaming.

Either way, yes it looks childish if we harass her gives room to Blizzard to completely ignore us.

Level 39
I don't exactly understand. Why it would be mistaken?
She's the figurehead Blizzard put in charge of Classic WoW since TBC was announced, and while she hasn't done anything bad she just didn't a positive response from the community in general (as far as I am aware). The implication is that if she's working on/with a Reforged team she doesn't have the bandwidth to actively fuck up WoW Classic, too.

She's the figurehead Blizzard put in charge of Classic WoW since TBC was announced, and while she hasn't done anything bad she just didn't a positive response from the community in general (as far as I am aware). The implication is that if she's working on/with a Reforged team she doesn't have the bandwidth to actively fuck up WoW Classic, too.
As far as we know there is no Reforged classic team, theres team in charge for all classic games :)

Its good to have guys from wow dealing with wc3 speaking of software engneer,still not having classic team first crew is weird...

Not an expert , but back in 2018 blizzcon reforged panel, Robert told to classic software engeneer how wow software engneneer fix something for a day what classic dude took month....
But they ,, borrowed him,, as they said - its his good will to help. Those guys are heavily payed i guess.
Also we know hots artist Michael Vincente Orb helped - also his good will.

So back in 2018 we have lonely classic crew without official support for game, and them trying to get all possible help using personal connections.

And now we got wow team dealing with reforged without classic team.

Now lets do math 1+1 = 2 . This means that having official classic devs + having highly skilled wow individuals as ,,interns,, - is a real deal for succsess...

I know what is this - It is a fear of upcoming new company changes and questions that may be asked. It is old managment trying to keep their roles in new company.

They serisoly f***** up , and now try save their arses.

I hope when microsot takes over, they bring their own upper managment in charge for classic games. And reverse decision where everything that is not Call of Duty becomes classic game

Ok,getting mad now, i think i figured out what it is.

They will just fix the game to some stable state to save their arses and say to new leaadership : We fixed Reforged Sir!

And they will vanish forever pff......

Any negative comment killed my optimisam now..Pff

2023 purism reforged announced please

Level 9
I see. Then let's hope a little she doesn't fuck up reforged.

You guys are right we need focus on game fixes and not asking purist remaster or purist skin pack.

But in a meanwhile it is usefull to share some intersting facts how far the crime agaisnt this game went with reinvention by any cost, with designs that are so random like someone told modeling studio to make models for random map or whatever.

throne.png

It will be intersting to UNDERSTAND that you CANT delete original design where BOTH CINEMATIC AND INGAME model matches and replace with nonsense

You just CANT put some random design throne for Princess or Frozen when its Kings Throne.
Wc3 model has clearly a Lordaeron Sign and Angmar sign of iron throne inprinted on model.

My point : New leadership must know for those things before it is too late

End of the story

Level 4
So someone who has never played an RTS game her entire life is in charge, excellent. Well still better then nothing I suppose. Lets hope they have competent programmers and designers left on the team.

Level 11
someone who has never played an RTS game her entire life is in charge
How do you know? She has almost 20 years of experience in designing MMOs and she was hired because of that. She was put in charge of the whole Warcraft franchise, of which WC3 just happens to be the least profitable part (let's be realistic here). I don't expect any miracles from her, but that's not because Mrs. Longdale is incompetent at making games.

Level 4
How do you know? She has almost 20 years of experience in designing MMOs and she was hired because of that.
Maybe you should ask her. Please let me know if I'm wrong (I'm not by the way) :p.
She was put in charge of the whole Warcraft franchise, of which WC3 just happens to be the least profitable part (let's be realistic here).
Yes I am aware and making MMO's is not the same as making RTS games so you can't blame me for not being thrilled about it. As for Warcraft RTS being the least profitable has nothing to do with the brand itself. The RTS brand made WOW the success it was and you shouldn't have any delusions of anything else. Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the RTS franchise is the least profitable because it hasn't been rebranded, expanded or built upon for over 20 years? That would be a pretty good reason wouldn't it? I suppose you could argue that AOE HD and Warcraft reforged are a type of rebrand but not really, it's just attempts to cash in on old nostalgia, remastered games aren't serious projects. The real truth is that the only reason MMO's and mobile games are more profitable is because the industry has been taken over by passionless lazy dimwitz that just want to make a quick buck rather than create a good piece of art. And that usually means Micro transactions and quantity over quality. But that does not mean RTS isn't a good potential investment if done right. If you do make a good piece of art it becomes rewarding. Risks like that is what created Blizzard as a company to begin with.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yes I am aware and making MMO's is not the same as making RTS games so you can't blame me for not being thrilled about it.
RTS isn't that appealing anymore nowadays because people want fast dopamine with least thinking.
You'd be surprised how many if not most of WoW players have no clue about Warcraft RTS lore or haven't even played the games.
WoW came out as an idea since the dudes (especially Christ Metzen) liked Dungeons & Dragons and the played EverQuest. And if you look at the Warcraft III alpha, it was more (tactical?) RPG than RTS. So, it wasn't really the RTS but the genre that appealed to people that made WoW so popular in the end as well as great marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.