• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Spell Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
New Spell Contest - Private
Want to join this Private Spell Contest? I will host this type of contests every once in a while. Since this is a private contest, there wont be a great reward. The winner hopefully gets alot of rep points in reward, by users!

Information
Information

This contest is all about buffs! Your mission is to make an nice looking spell that in some way gives a buff to units. It can be an damage-over-time buff, healing buff or whatever!

Time
Time

The contest starts in 2 days (24th of may 2009) and ends in 20 days (11th of june 2009). So, the deadline is 11/06/2009!

Everyone who wants to join this contest must signup on this thread! Simply post a reply with something like "I'll join" or whatever!

I will rate the spells, ratings are based on:
  • Spell look
  • Idea
  • Functions
  • Actions in triggers (or in object editor)
The spells must be MUI and LEAKLESS!
You must signup atleast 10 days before the deadline time!

You may only upload 1 map, max 3 spells in each map! The spells must all have something to do with a buff.
If you want to join me in the ratings, please PM me!

Good luck to you all!

Level 9
Um it's just a buff so will it need that much editing lol.

Just a buff?
Dude, you can make 3 spells, if 1 of them have something to do with a buff (for example, if you cast an shockwave, the targeted units will get a buff for 3 seconds, during those 3 seconds, if the caster cast another spell it will deal extra damage if the target has the buff...

Be creative..

Level 11
I agree with PurplePoot, the theme doesn't restrict the spells enough, maybe adding a theme for the buffs (for example, fire, ice, or something like physical buffs) would make it better.

Anyway, I think it's a nice idea, I might join it if I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.