• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Regulation to the Icon Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
As it seems that word is not spreading between users, it seems necessary to make an announcement of this.

Due to recent events in the icon section, we ask people who post in that section to concentrate on ways to improve the icon, rather than discussing its authenticity, and legitimacy. Users will be still held accountable for copy and pasting resources. While we ask that you notify an icon moderator, (either enjoy or Pyramidhe@d), do not comment on the thread itself. You can also make use of the report button located on each resource for convenience.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Level 16
I am not stopping, just to let you know.

We're not asking you to not report suspicious resources. We're asking you to refrain from commenting on the thread about it, as users tend to tell submitter "you're going to get banned", "you're going to get neg-repped", "This is CnP", without actually providing any evidence of such, and is problematic, because the submitter is going to act adversely. We're trying to reduce the flaming caused by this.

~Snap

I fully understand that, I simply want to state what my opinion is. If I have any suspicion as to whether or not it may be copy and paste, I want to make it be known. If it is not, they will prove me wrong, and I will apologize for it.

Also, I want to let it be known, from now on, I am going to attempt to be nicer to everyone, and be less "self-centered", if you will. I am going to attempt to change my actions, and let everyone think better of me.

Level 30
I fully understand that, I simply want to state what my opinion is. If I have any suspicion as to whether or not it may be copy and paste, I want to make it be known. If it is not, they will prove me wrong, and I will apologize for it.

Also, I want to let it be known, from now on, I am going to attempt to be nicer to everyone, and be less "self-centered", if you will. I am going to attempt to change my actions, and let everyone think better of me.

Nice start. Congrats.

Level 35
Finally. This has been a problem even back in my time. Yelling CNP! SHOW EVIDENC!!!! will not get you a raider icon.

I'm wondering what the sanctions to the people breaking the new regulation will be though. You'll negrep the dude for trolling or what?

Level 11
Hm, that sounds like a great idea, but wouldn't it be better if it was enforced on skin and model section as well?

Level 11
No, no, I didn't mean CnP, necessarily. I meant the general attitude towards ripped WoW models, recoloured skins etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.