• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Models Section Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone!
The new models section is finally ready and contains all the models we had before.
The new models section features many new things:
- Mini moderators - people can be assigned to vote yes or no for a model to be approved
- Automatic import guide - a guide to tell you how to import the model you are looking at
- Categories and types - categories are like themes, star wars, simpsons.. etc. Types are for what kind of model it is, unit, hero, building etc.
- Comments and resources as forum posts. This allows users to rep resource submitters and commenters. Also report and edit post with the nice text editor vBulletin has.
- Moderation has never had more options than this. Moderators can delete ratings, see a changelog of the resource and do everything they want.
- Icon listing - You can list resources as icons
- Items / page - you can decide how many resources you want to display per page from 20-200
- Better Searching - The search system has been improved. An algoryth that separates words by capital letters has been installed which means that DeamonHunter will be able to be found by searching for Hunter or Deamon. This makes it much easier to find various things.
Blah blah

Many features has been added and it is very cool!

Ralle

Level 16
Ye I found it, but I figured as it's now in the forums, there would be a forum link to it. As in it there would be the 'models' forum in the 'warcraft resources' category, which now only holds the 'Jass functions'.

Level 19
It's ok... Though when I tried to search for models in different categories it didn't show any models at all.
Min Mod Rating:????
Min Rating:????
There should be an option like "I don't care" because it's annoying to check each option from 1-5...
I can't even find a single model if I choose Starcraft category and search "marine" because the rating thingy totally blocks it :eek:...
Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Level 11
It's ok... Though when I tried to search for models in different categories it didn't show any models at all.
Min Mod Rating:????
Min Rating:????
There should be an option like "I don't care" because it's annoying to check each option from 1-5...
I can't even find a single model if I choose Starcraft category and search "marine" because the rating thingy totally blocks it :eek:...
Sorry for my bad English.
just dont enter ANYTHING for those leave them blank and only search what you want. E.g. if you only want to search for an author, type in only that author's name in the appropriate field and nothing else.

Level 27
A few problems I found:
-When you cast a vote for approval, it should be "opinion", not "oppinion"
-Occasionally the latter pages wont be selectable, only the first page can be loaded.
-The image preview when clicked never loads for me.
-Can you please have a page for approved separate from the non-approved models?
-Moderators can't select director's cut choice.. is that only for admin or something?
--donut3.5--

Level 19
just dont enter ANYTHING for those leave them blank and only search what you want. E.g. if you only want to search for an author, type in only that author's name in the appropriate field and nothing else.

This is what I get "Your query did not return any matches" -.- Which means it still does not work. -.- I wanted to see all of the Starcraft models in 1 category... -.-... :D

How can't you understand? Like somebody rates it OMG 9/9 WTF AWESOME SOZ I KENT RAYT 10/10 KUZ TEHRE IZENT 10/10. That's why 5/5 exists.

The voting system is weighted. Voting a 5 on something with no rating yet won't make it 5; it'll make it 3.78 for example. If a model was voted a 5 by everyone on this entire site, it'll still be 4.98 or something. Thus a 5 is impossible.

So the rating search only needs to have 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4. (The moderator rating still retains the 5 because it is not weighted.)

Level 27
Ever heard of interquartile range?
If something only has one vote, that should be the rating until it gets another different vote.
Is the voting system is really how Pyritie describes it? o_O

Level 34
Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, but I tried to look at all the plant models. It gave me one. Here's a picture of what I mean. I looked under Human, it gave me three.

Attachments

• Models section.jpg
    Models section.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 154
Ahh, I guess I missed that.

Any idea how they are chosen? Admin just select?

Pretty much. I remembered Ralle saying something about minimods so I PM'd him asking for more info about them. He replied asking if I want to be one, and to give him examples of if I knew anything about modeling (which I do)

Level 34
Sounds like a lot of work though. :p

Why would you need experience to sort models? The resource mods take care of approving, they only need to know how to model.

Level 11
Great Job,

though unfortuneately it seems a lot of the models have been misproperly labeled and thus don't show up when you search, for example: I get it to show me all the units, but I know there are more than those that are listed there infact 90% of the models I'm using in my map weren't listed.

Moderators should be checking that type of thing when they approove models

Great Job,

though unfortuneately it seems a lot of the models have been misproperly labeled and thus don't show up when you search, for example: I get it to show me all the units, but I know there are more than those that are listed there infact 90% of the models I'm using in my map weren't listed.

Moderators should be checking that type of thing when they approove models

picard.jpeg

Read the thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.