• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Models section ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Excellent. Don't forget about The Hive's already existing models aswell =P although I think the Ignored / Not-Approved Models should not be copied.

And remember to delete a model when it is Not-Approved, we have no need of hosting files we reject.

Level 19
I have decided to put the models section public. I do not promise it won't be without bugs and I haven't imported the models yet.. I am still copying files to the new server..

Please try the new one though: http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/models/
Nice with the name, date, rating and downloads buttons. Better than wc3search's in other words. Although there are no models. :) I hope people will start to submit new models. Btw do you think the community of wc3search will come here/is here?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Depends on how "Simple" it really is.

Rui said:
Excellent. Don't forget about The Hive's already existing models aswell =P although I think the Ignored / Not-Approved Models should not be copied.

And remember to delete a model when it is Not-Approved, we have no need of hosting files we reject.

I do not agree. Also unapproved or ignored models have some use. For example if the model has a bug which can be easily solved, but the author is not avalaible at the moment. Or if the skin is a bit odd, it can be always redone by other user. Also the models that have only a minor change can be useful (like my proudmoorepistol model).

However, models that do not follow the rules (rips from other games) and completely crap can be of course deleted.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Simple as in deleting the shield, lengthening the sword, editing the ears etc.
No, too simple, unless it gets a new fitting texture or particles, etc.

In short, significant changes.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That would be better suited for a pack of unarmed models. But it is not significant enough by itself.

Level 36
I do not agree. Also unapproved or ignored models have some use. For example if the model has a bug which can be easily solved, but the author is not avalaible at the moment. Or if the skin is a bit odd, it can be always redone by other user.

I'm afraid you're wrong here. Chriz has stated in a previous post that the Hive Workshop does NOT accept resources that are edited versions of someone elses work without the authors expressed permission. If you don't like it, by all means take it up with him by sending him a private message. I think that non-approved should not be deleted, because non-approved are just waiting for approval, its like the line up or the que. Ignored obviously should be deleted because its like the trash bin, all of the junk that has been rejected goes there, so there's no need to keep it...

Level 15
Well why not delete them so they aren't wasting space on the server collecting dust, not being used and sitting there invisible?
If you keep them around in the database, then you can automatically prevent people from uploading them again. It also allows you to reference the files or undelete them in the future if there is ever a need. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.