• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello everyone!
A few days ago I published the new chatroom (http://chat.hiveworkshop.com) which is located on our new server which we've decided to call Hurley. The new server will help us stay below bandwidth limits and also share the work between the servers.
A good thing about the new chatroom is the 0.6 second delay instead of 2.5 seconds. And also the automatic fullscreen mode.

I hope you all like the changes taking place.

I am currently developing a brand new models section which eventually will replace the current one. I will ofcourse import all our current models.
The new models section will feature:
- Easier displaying of models
- Icon view
- Option to select how many resources per page
- Better searching
- Comments = Posts which means you can report and give people rep for their model and comment.
- Search username with automatic name suggestions
- Hopefully less buggy upload page
And much more!

Level 16
The chat cripples your computer eventually. Yesterday I left the chat open and was doing other things. I was doing flash animations and photoshopping and I noticed that things suddenly started to 'lag'. Actions took several seconds. I wondered quite a while what was going on, and then noticed I had the chat open. I closed it, and voila, no 'lag' anymore.
I also already reported few days ago that the chat also seriously lags your internet browser. The whole browser pauses for like 0.5 sec when the chat is refreshed. Samuraid said something that the chat was filling up firefoxes memory and causing lag or something like that. Im not really into the tech stuff :).
In conclusion, the new chat requires serious fixing (incase it wasnt clear, I use firefox).

Level 27
like wc3c?
U crazy?

It will be what it already is + implemented in the forums.
=
Super awesome models section with forum threads and reputation
Yay now the artists get repped even more! As if they didn't get more than they should anyhow..
I think you're going to want to put max rep/resource so that people aren't just like
"LOL AWSUM MODEL DOOD! +REP" until they get 50 rep/model.
--donut3.5--

Level 18
Yay now the artists get repped even more! As if they didn't get more than they should anyhow..
I think you're going to want to put max rep/resource so that people aren't just like
"LOL AWSUM MODEL DOOD! +REP" until they get 50 rep/model.
--donut3.5--

And it's already hard enough for someone like me, who helps no one and submits nothing, to get rep ;<. This will just make my rep appear worth less., waaaaaah D;<!

-*meow*

like wc3c?
U crazy?

It will be what it already is + implemented in the forums.
=
Super awesome models section with forum threads and reputation

Oh okay. From what you said before (it being in the forums) it sounded like wc3c's version.

Your saying that it won't be like that gets me excited more!

Level 18

QFT! I completely agree with donut, and was going to say something like this until I saw that he said it for me. Pretty soon Werewulf is going to have 8,000,000 rep... we will have to chart the uncharted... the land beyond "______ is a Splendid One to Behold" will have to become "______ drew a lot of really cool pictures".

Last edited:
Level 15
QFT! I completely agree with donut, and was going to say something like this until I saw that he said it for me. Pretty soon Werewulf is going to have 8,000,000 rep... we will have to chart the uncharted... the land beyond "______ is a Splendid One to Behold" will have to become "______ drew a lot of really cool pictures".

well ya

and also

all of the 1337(like me) tool makers will get more rep than art because art needs out tools W00t.

Status
Not open for further replies.