• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Updated Rules for Spells and Icons Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Yes, I have updated the rules for the spells section to make requests system better. Lately I've been wondering about the fact that some people may request either icons or spells that break the rules. Maybe somebody simply wants an object editor modified spell. So I came with a solution.

You are now allowed to post special request maps (they way you will add them on the site is the same, nothing has changed). It's just the fact that now, you can post maps which are no longer so restrained by rules, but after a week, you will have to delete them. Still better than nothing. I chose a week because the period is long enough so that the user who requested the spell can get the map. Before posting such maps, make sure you carefully read the Rules.

For icons I still won't allow you to post request icons on the site, like you are allowed for spells. This system is still an experiment but if it proves to be efficient I will implement it for icons too. However, if it doesn't, I will remove it.

In the case of the icons section, screenshot/recolored icons for normal blizzard units/buildings (it has neither a custom skin or model and that skin/model is on the site) are no longer allowed. That will mean b-bye for some of the icons submitted. Now to make some time to delete them.

Level 11
I don't complain. I just wish a day would last longer. I need atleast 30 hours so that I can really take care of this site just as I would want to. But for now, I can just check for latest icons and spells. ;)

I really want to hear other suggestions about the new rule. Pros and cons. ;)

~Daelin

Wasent meant like you were complaining, I were just having sympaty with ya over you alone vs all those icons hehe :p

Well about the changes, that sort of system for icons seems lame as they could just aswell be uploaded on some regular image upload site id guess? And even if they couldent I still think it would be stupid to have. But for spells I really like the idea, is usefull! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.